Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fiber please?

annielovesBB

Can anyone recommend a good fiber supplement(no pills, didn't work)? I used Metamucil sugar-free in the past but i felt that it put some weight on me. It's supposed to be sugar-free, has i forget what in it, aspartame or fructose, whatever. I would like to order something natural. I took the Metamucil every day, and i noticed after a while weight gain in my lower portion. Does this sound crazy? I gain weight easy so i have to watch different things. I feel i need to get back on some type of fiber powder. I do try to get an orange and other means of fiber but i'm still lacking. Unfortunately the Metamucil really worked. I'm trying to stay away from anything containing hidden sugars like maltodextin, etc. Sounds crazy cause i'm gonna try dextrose soon pre-workout but if it causes weight gain then i'll stop that too.
I read that psyllium isn't good because it dehydrates the colon and swells it.
Any suggestions pleeeeaaaasssseeeeee?
And where can i get it cheap if possible, online or a store?
Thank You!

Last edited:
Why not go natural?

Add some oat bran to your oatmeal, steam some brocolli or green beans and eat by the truck load, add oat bran to protein pancakes, and you can also try the low-carb tortillas - they are high fiber.

Thanks Daisy for responding fast. Are there any oat bran brands that you would recommend that are low in salt and sugar? I hate when the companies add so much salt & sugar to our foods, like cereal that i think they want us to get diabetes. Yea, i miss eating my tortillas, i've seen them in the grocery store, whole wheat and low carb. But i noticed that the whole wheat ones are lower in carbs than the low carb variety. Why is that? I thought that was strange. Thought it would be vice-versa. I'll try mixing the oat bran into my oatmeal when i go to the store.How much bran should i add to my oatmeal, 1/4cp. or 1/2cp etc???
Thanks!

Last edited:
annielovesBB said:
Thanks Daisy for responding fast. Are there any oat bran brands that you would recommend that are low in salt and sugar? I hate when the companies add so much salt & sugar to our foods, like cereal that i think they want us to get diabetes. Yea, i miss eating my tortillas, i've seen them in the grocery store, whole wheat and low carb. But i noticed that the whole wheat ones are lower in carbs than the low carb variety. Why is that? I thought that was strange. Thought it would be vice-versa. I'll try mixing the oat bran into my oatmeal when i go to the store.How much bran should i add to my oatmeal, 1/4cp. or 1/2cp etc???
Thanks!

Tortilla nutrient count may differ from brand to brand. I like La Tortilla Factory OR Flat-Out Low Carb Flatbread (only seen it at Walmart Supercenters).

If you get NATURAL Oat Bran, there is nothing in there but bran. Mine is in a very very plain box and says 100% oat bran on it. It is with the cereals in the grocery store, near the ganola and oatmeal. At my grocery store, it is on the very top shelf. You can also find it at organic grocery stores.

As far as amounts, just check the box. Bran has calories, it has carbs, it has protein. But it also has a TON of fiber. A person needs about 25g of fiber a day to be regular. You get fiber from veggeis and fruits, so don't go overboard with the bran. :) I would start with supplementing 10-15g a day, and see how that goes. This is equal to about 1 serving of bran or 1 tortilla. If you need more, then supplement more, but it is smartest (with everything) to start low and not OVER supplement. :)

Thanks guys for answering me. I'm going to the grocery store today so i'll look @ what they have and start out w/ a small serving since adding too much fiber to a diet can cause that bloating feeling. :p
annie

Top Bottom