Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A few pre-contest shots of Frisky!

*Bunny* said:
Wow, Frisky you are amazing...fantastic job, I think you look fabulous... Bravo Girl...:bigkiss:

Adding my emphasis too! You looked phenomenal! I'm hanging your picture next to my "goal" chart!

Well Cheffy summed it up pretty well.

The thing to understand about figure:

* the judging critieria is EXTREMELY limited - you stand. You qtr turn & stand. Then you qtr turn and stand. And the you qtr turn & stand and then qtr turn and stand. You smile. You hit 3 different poses (the same side pose on left & right), symmetry, posing, presentation and stage presence. This is not an explicit list of criteria from any judge's "How to be a judge" crib sheet, but there's just nothing else to judge on.

* the barriers to entry in figure are much smaller than in BB or fitness so more girls get into it -- witness--- the number of newbie girls from this board hitting it for the first time. Therefore you are going to have much larger numbers of competitors. It is hard to stand out in a range of 20+ girls.

* Along with that increased number of competitors you have a wider range of experience and "who you know-ism" going on. Often not just the competitors but their trainers, their sponsors, etc. have a vested interested in the girls so it may be that some of the competitors have been promoted or highlighted behind the scenes via the good ol' boy network. Remember the fitness community is fairly small... And just like in somethign like acting -- you need to stand out & be recognized. These judges do this on a regular basis and can become extremely jaded -- just like its a boring part of their daily job. It doesnt' seem like they go out of their way to really & honestly critique each competitor, particularly the new ones.

* Politics abound! (See previous point)

* Judging is extremely subjective despite the 'guidelines'. The definition of "feminine" skews it even further (ref: the demise of women's bodybuilding)

* Judges may also feel that a new competitor or one they don't recognize just needs to "put in time" before "earning" a top spot.

So given all that, its important to keep your expectations of a first show in scope. The first show is definitely for YOURSELF. And seriously, how can you know what to expect going in to a scenario like that for the first time anyway? So you just have to get yourself in the best shape you can and go get the experience. From that first show you have now gained at a min, the following information:

* a sense of how your body response to competition prep
* some feedback on your posing
* get over the stage fright -- or at least not have to worry about it so much any more since you did survive the walk across stage & it wasn't so painful :)
* next time, can relax and focus more on smiling, better stage presence, etc.
* get to know the judges
* get the judges to know you - they will most likely show up at a future show....
* have a show under your belt -- you have now "earned" some respect :)
* have an idea of what the competition looks like - you'll probably see these people in a future show as well
* have the starting point for tweaking for the next show

Its all good :) Frisky looked fantastic and she knows it. The next goal is just to take that and shape it into what this particular set of judges is looking for, start networking and continue the self-education on what your body does & doesn't like.

Major props to you Frisky for pulling this off in 1 week. Very respectable and very courageous on your part. In 2 weeks you are going to own the stage, again regardless of what the judges say. And *WE* get to see MORE pix of that rawkin body!

*the crowd goes wild*

Sorry to hear you didn't win. Major props just for having the guts to do it. You really are the most amazing woman I have ever seen (short of the mags). Good luck on your next comp.

Wow!

Thank everyone for the kind encouraging words :rose:

Was a tough three days.. an up and down emotional rollercoaster. I have tons of pics, some kinda blurry but i'm gonna post them. I took pics every day morning and evening to see how my body filled out/flattend out and have a handle on what i will change next show.

I found my body flattend out for the morning show and was full for the evening show. Sunday morning (after what was NOT supposed to be my endulge meal... long story) I was so damn full and hard...

Gonna finish uploading pics and get a thread going of this whole event for everyone.

Thanks a billion :rose:

Frisky said:
Wow!

Thank everyone for the kind encouraging words :rose:

Was a tough three days.. an up and down emotional rollercoaster. I have tons of pics, some kinda blurry but i'm gonna post them. I took pics every day morning and evening to see how my body filled out/flattend out and have a handle on what i will change next show.

I found my body flattend out for the morning show and was full for the evening show. Sunday morning (after what was NOT supposed to be my endulge meal... long story) I was so damn full and hard...

Gonna finish uploading pics and get a thread going of this whole event for everyone.

Thanks a billion :rose:

OMG OMG OMG can't wait to see more pics :elephant:

Top Bottom