Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

females lifting weights and Flexibility

emily obrian-

Hi guys I'm a 19 year old girl looking to get some hardness and muscularity, I practice ballet, I'm a ballet dancer and lately I have been off the stage because injuries caused by weakened muscles, I need and advice on which work out can help to make my muscle stronger and not affect my flexibility which is crucial on ballat dancing, I've heard some people when they get too muscular lose flexibility, thank you guys

Look at the mass monsters in the Olympia. The can do splits and are some of the most flexible people I have ever seen.
Now I've always had trouble with flexibility. So now that I've added 50lbs in two years, I am extremely limited on my flexibility. But I am working on it now and it will get better. You can grow and still be flexible. Lol and I know you're not looking at 50lbs either lol.
That being said, what areas are you insuring? What needs to be brought up in strength?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you contract a muscle, the opposite muscle stretches. For example, when you do a bicep curl, your tricep stretches at the same time.

Weight training will actually make you more flexible. Some of the best bodybuilders of all time are extremely flexible. Tom Platz is well known to be able to do the splits.

If you are concerned about loosing flexibility, just stretch for 20-30 minutes after each weight workout and you have nothing to worry about. In fact, weight training and stretching afterwards will probably increase your flexibility if anything.

Weight training will be a great idea for you. You will not get big and bulky from lifting weights. Stretching will be key for you and really should be practiced by everyone anyways.

Top Bottom