Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Females/Gear/Birth Control....Sassy - get in here

Daisy_Girl said:
YOU CAN OVULATE AND NOT GET A PERIOD ......

Happens often in breastfeeding women. They think that since they are breastfeeding, and not getting a period, that they are NOT fertile.

WRONG.

When I was BFing, I got all the physical symptoms of ovulation - cervical mucus, ovary twinges, etc. BUT NO FLOW.

If you do not want a baby, a woman should ALWAYS assume she is fertile and protect herself likewise. ESPECIALLY if she is supplementing.

Yep and you can get pregnant while you have yur period....if you are a 21 day cycle......My third kid is a result of natural family planning....worked great of a year and 1/2 and then one day....something went amiss LOL

The Shadow said:
you want to go with the "Copper T" iud for no hormonal influence
I had the Lippes Loop and for some incredibly stupid reason you can't get it in America anymore. It looked like a double S curve, was made of plastic, had no sharp points, no hormones, and was every bit, if not more, effective as the pill.

IUDs are wonderful for women who have had at least one baby. I don't get manufacturers, though. IUDs don't need to be made of metal, have extra hormones or have points to be completely effective, but for some reason in America they keep making things that look like torture devices.

musclemom said:
IUDs are wonderful for women who have had at least one baby.

I kept toying with the idea of the Copper IUD after Baby Daisy was born. We knew we wanted to wait for at least 2 years before having another one. But I decided against it - will wait until after 2nd one born to get it. I tried going back on the BCP, but ultimately ditched that too. We are just using condoms ..... that way, when we decide to haev Baby #2, we can just start - no waiting, no fuss. :)

I'm working on a gear sticky right now that this is linked into - need to reformat the content a little but will get it up soon. Kinda don't want to have 10,000 stickies piling up at the top of the board...

RottenWillow, how do you like the paraguard? I was afraid to try that one since you hear how bad it can make your periods, so I went with the Mirena. I've had it for over 5 years and I'm about to get it taken out. I was thinking about going with the paraguard. Are you happy with yours? What about cramping?

Top Bottom