Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Females/Gear/Birth Control....Sassy - get in here

superqt4u2nv said:
Interesting it took me longer to lose mine the second time around. Every time I cut it takes longer to lose the period. I am thinking the body has adjusted to being at lower bf% perhaps.

Well hopefully mine adjusts this time, because while I have no complaints about not having my cycle for at least half the year (I get none of the cramps, or bloating either), I don't think it's healthy to lose it for that long over and over.

But when it does come back, oh goodness I think death would be less painful, lol, TOM comes back mad as hell, guess he doesn't like going on vacation for 1/2 a year, lol.

superqt4u2nv said:
Interesting it took me longer to lose mine the second time around. Every time I cut it takes longer to lose the period. I am thinking the body has adjusted to being at lower bf% perhaps.

I wonder if age also has something to do with it. Younger women who are in their "child bearing years" - you'r body knows you're there and is fighting to regain some normalacy... as opposed to us older wimmins. My period stopped in August - no competition diet - and I haven't had it since.

...and I'm probably talking out my ass. (sounded good, tho.)

the-short-one said:
I wonder if age also has something to do with it. Younger women who are in their "child bearing years" - you'r body knows you're there and is fighting to regain some normalacy... as opposed to us older wimmins. My period stopped in August - no competition diet - and I haven't had it since.

Could also be turned off by cycles tho....

So would the Mirena IUD, which has no estrogen, cause any of the problems that estrogen based birth control causes, as far as weight gain or water retention?

sdupdike said:
So would the Mirena IUD, which has no estrogen, cause any of the problems that estrogen based birth control causes, as far as weight gain or water retention?

As long as it has no hormone in it, won't induce any hormone-related sides.

From wikipedia:

The presence of a device in the uterus prompts the release of leukocytes and prostaglandins by the endometrium. These substances are hostile to both sperm and eggs; the presence of copper increases this spermicidal effect.

So by itself it introduces no new controls on your natural hormones, but it won't block whatever effects you get from your natural hormones. Meaning you can bloat, water retain, etc. if that's what your natural estrogen does to you. But it won't make it any worse or better.

sdupdike said:

you want to go with the "Copper T" iud for no hormonal influence

The Shadow said:
you want to go with the "Copper T" iud for no hormonal influence

Ah - here - "Mirena is an IUD (intra-uterine device) which also releases a low dose of the hormone levonorgestrel (a progestogen hormone) "

It may not have estrogen but it does have progesterone type stuff - which is still a hormone....

the-short-one said:

Not talking out your ass. You maintain a fairly low bf% what was it in August when you lost it?

Top Bottom