Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Female progression with weights

Ewano

When a woman is doing weight lifting, should she go like men all the time increasing weights? I mean, guys will keep on increasing their working weight all the time, and get bigger and bigger. Can a woman just stick to a weight and limit the muscle growth?

If you want to burn calories and keep the muscle tone, which is why I think you train, you need to progressively increase the working loads. Our muscles will adapt to all the stress you put them under, and once they do so, there will be no further progress. Hence the reason you need to increase the workloads. The good news is that women are much less prone to gain muscle mass, so you most probably won't.

You can progress or limit as you see fit. Heck, there may be times you wanna step up and can't. As Lev says it's less likely for most women. But it's just maths for me. If I bench 100lbs and I hit 8 reps and I wanna get stronger and grow I'll add 5lbs and start at 5 reps and try and get 8 again. There's always a limit of course.

@Stevesmi is 100% correct. Women simply do not have the hormonal system required to build big bulky muscles. All weight training will do for a female is sculpt and tone your body.

DONT be scared to lift weights and lift some heavy weight! The girls with the best glute and thigh development can all squat some pretty impressive numbers

As a woman you don't have the same hormonal set up as a male so you wont grow muscle like a male does. Nothing wrong with continuing to progress with weights.

Top Bottom