Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feeling Sick after Sit Ups

BatZgirl

Hey Guys

Sometimes when I do sit ups (I usually do about 2 sets of either 50 or 100 non stop) I sometimes feel a bit sick, like throwing up? Could this just be that my muscles are in pain or does anyone have any suggestions?

All I could think of was maybe the motion of the movement, making you feel off balanced. Kind of like rocking on a boat ?????

Situps are mostly a hip flexor exercise anyways. If you can 20 reps of a certain exercise, you need something more challenging. My suggestion is to stop doing them and start doing a more isolated ab exercise. If you have some meat in your midsection but they aren't cut up enough, then take a closer look at your diet.

Are you doing them slowly, with a full extension and complete contraction? Contract hard at the top of the movement, and you probably won't be able to rack up so many reps. Important: rep quality, not rep quantity.

I've been meaning to ask you, BatZ: what does the rest of your routine look like?

SteelWeaver said:
Are you doing them slowly, with a full extension and complete contraction? Contract hard at the top of the movement, and you probably won't be able to rack up so many reps. Important: rep quality, not rep quantity.

I've been meaning to ask you, BatZ: what does the rest of your routine look like?

Hey Steel

Thanks all for your replys, Yes Im doing the sit ups but Ive been to the doc and he said Ive got a stomach bug, problem was when I was doing the situps I only felt sick but hey its over with now

Anywas Steel, this is basically my workout routine, well my current one in any case, I change it every two/ three months

I do at least 100 - 200 situps on a flex ball on a daily basis and also 50-100 situps on the floor (and its realy showing in my abs :p ) I also do about 50 dumbell side bends holding a 2kg weight at each side.

On mondays, I usually do about 60min of cardio and about 30 min working on my chest and back workouts (4X10 Knee Raisers and 4X10 ab curls)

Tuesdays: 60 min cardio exercises and 30 min of biceps and triceps workouts + abdominal workouts (4X10 decline ab curls 4X10 dumbell side bends)

Wednesdays: 60 Min cardio exercises and 30min of Shoulder and forearm workouts + abdominal workouts (4X10 Knee Raisers and 4X10 ab curls)

Thursdays: 30 Min Cardio esercises and about 60 min leg training

Fridays: (when I do Go) 30/60 min cardio and complete the circuit course

Thats basically my workout program

Sorry to hear about the stomach bug - hope you feel better soon. Did you ask the doc about your leg and clicking bones at the same time?

I was just wondering about your workout, because you said before you have problems staying motivated sometimes.

I assume you're trying to lose body fat at the moment, right? Are you trying to build muscle?

IJMO, but I think you're doing too much ab work. You could drop it to 2 or 3 days a week, do 4 sets of 15 - 30 reps, and you'd get the same or better effects (assuming you have little enough body fat to be able to see your abs). You could probably add about 6-8 kg to your dumbbell side bends if you want strength in your torso. 2 kg is in the plastic pink d/b range, girl! You're doing cardio work there!

Do you do cardio before or after weights? After is usually best, so that you have enough energy to go to positive failure on your weight routine. What kind of sets and reps are you doing on the weights?

'Course, you don't have to pay attention - just trying to help out.

I always gathered that doing the side bend thing just made you look "shorter" in the stomach? Same w/ trunk twists w/ a broom stick?

Generally I do 3 sets of 3 major intense abs exercises - maybe a little overkill, but I just go for the burn. Slow & intense, blow out all the air I can at the top and hold for a sec or two.

sysopt said:
you're doing way too much cardio

I second that. It's probably hampering her muscle gains. Cardio sends the signal to the brain that the body needs to be small and light. Diet works better than cardio for fat loss.

Cheetarah said:

I second that. It's probably hampering her muscle gains. Cardio sends the signal to the brain that the body needs to be small and light. Diet works better than cardio for fat loss.

right on, babe :D

Top Bottom