Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

exercises please!!!

girlygirl44

Hi everyone!

I have a fracture in my toe which happened 3 wks ago. I didn't train my legs but the rest of my body i had no problems w/. Can anyone recommend some exercises i can do for my legs that wouldn't put too much stress on them? I would like to get back to doing some type of leg w/o this week, by tomorrow at least. Staying active despite my injury keeps me moving so anyone's suggestions are welcome.
thx alot!

I would imagine that would be things you just need to try - things where the push point isn't your feet - leg extensions, leg curls, reverse hypers, etc. Or if you can do DLs or Squats putting the push point on your heels instead of your toes.

girlygirl44 said:
Hi everyone!

I have a fracture in my toe which happened 3 wks ago. I didn't train my legs but the rest of my body i had no problems w/. Can anyone recommend some exercises i can do for my legs that wouldn't put too much stress on them? I would like to get back to doing some type of leg w/o this week, by tomorrow at least. Staying active despite my injury keeps me moving so anyone's suggestions are welcome.
thx alot!

With all respect to anyone who has/will post on this thread.

It matters GREATLY which toe it is that is fractured - I certainly would not be squatting

WHat Shadow said ......

I fractured my foot (5th metatarsal) about 14 weeks ago and just RECENTLY have been able to be active with no pain (well, just a little pain).

That said, I would think leg extentions and leg curls are pretty safe - but I would talk to a phys therapist or orthopedic surgeon to be safe.

Hi All!

Sorry it took so long to respond back to everybody's comments. This is my 5th week now since i fractured my fourth toe. This past week i tried to wear my sneaker on the foot w/ the broken toe but i couldn't continue after the first day. It made my toe get worse, swollen and in more pain. I don't even want to attempt squats since i'm wearing a post-op shoe in the gym anyway and i still have pain. Doc says it can take up to 10 wks to heal, although i know some people that it took 5 and 7 months to heal. I thought i could do some polymetrics for my legs but i'm not sure what to do??? I tried to do a leg curl the other day, went a little heavy and i felt pain. Ok w/ sldl but i want to do something for my legs. Any suggestions for polymetrics for the legs?
Thanks for helping!

If you can't put a shoe on I'd probably just stop worrying about training legs at the moment....

Sassy69 said:
If you can't put a shoe on I'd probably just stop worrying about training legs at the moment....
I tend to agree with the above. If you really want, you can prob do seated leg extensions and either lying leg curls or seated leg curls on the machines with slippers or whatever footwear you need on since you don't hit the ground with those. There are also some stability ball exercises like bridges, one leg lift-ups etc. that you can try. But as Sassy says, you may just want to rest for a bit more.

Thanks for responding. I was away and i didn't get to check my messages. Maybe another week and i can wear sneakers on both feet. It's like 8 or 9 wks. now! It takes forever to heal.

Tell me about it! It took about 10 weeks for me to be able to put on a sneaker! Then another 4 weeks after that to be pain free (mostly).

Top Bottom