Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercise execution

litloak

Lately there have been a few bodybuilding programs (documentary type on TLC and Discovery Channel) on TV and now I have a question. Do you really do your reps for 3 seconds or whatever the heck the mags suggest? (I don't.) I work out at home so I really don't see others working out. Well, I do see some people working out at the Y (I have to go there for my job) and I see some really scary shit happening there! The thing is, on these programs the people (Flex Wheeler, Craig Titus, etc) seem to be zipping right through each set. They don't pause to get in a little extra squeeze or anything like that. I'm a little confused.

------------------
Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.
Anthony Bourdain, "Kitchen Confidential"

The articles in the mags are largely ghost written and often don't have much to do with the guys are actually doing. I wouldnt work out like most pros anyway, unless you are doing tons of anabolics, otherwise their workouts are pretty useless for most people.

I understand that. But what about rep speed? Do you pretty much blast your way through the reps or do you make them meaningful and go a little slower??

IMHO Yes. Slow and in good form. The harder it makes you work, the more it will work for you. If you "bounce" when you rep, and use momentum to move the weight instead of muscle tension then your muscles are not working as hard and you won't get as much benefit from the exercise. If you watch those pros, even though faster, I betcha it's a fluid motion and no pausing or bouncing.

Top Bottom