Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Evening snack...

punkin2004

Just wondering if y'all could tell me whether or not this is a decent evening snack...I've been having a protein shake and a salt-free rice cake (it has only 7 carbs) and 1 tbsp. of PB with it...is that all right? I have it aroung 8ish, go to bed around 10ish. I just didn't want to continue with that if it was just gonna' go to my waist...:(

sounds ok to me ; I know some of the ladies might tell you to remove the rice cake ; but I actually have no problems with carbs before bed. I actually have carbs with almost all of my meals and its been fine even prebed meals.

Yeah, I've TRIED to make myself LIKE cottage cheese, but just can't...lol...so that's outta' the question...i do pretty good the first 2-3 bites, then gag the rest of the way through it, hopin' it doesn't come back up...lol...:) any other suggestions???????

Try making some protein pancakes!! :)

1-2 Egg whites
1 Scoop Whey Protein
Pam Spray

Mix Eggwhites and protein powder in a small bowl.. spray pam in a flat non-sticking pan, pour the eggwhites and protein powder mixture to heated pan..
and flip after few minutes..

add All Natural Peanut Butter, and some sugar free syrup!!!

:)

Daisy_Girl said:
Sounds okay. Cottage Cheese is a good pre-bed snack too.

I used to have cottage cheese before bed or jello....

YUM! :)

I can't stand CC either, but most people love it which is why I recommended it. :)

Any protein/fat mix with minimal carb is fine. Even a small piece of chicken/turkey and some almonds .... or something similar. Just keep it on the small side.

Daisy_Girl said:
I can't stand CC either, but most people love it which is why I recommended it. :)

Any protein/fat mix with minimal carb is fine. Even a small piece of chicken/turkey and some almonds .... or something similar. Just keep it on the small side.

Thats all I used to eat! CC with blueberries! It was something I craved for breakfast, Sometimes I used to eat it 3/4times a day! Hmm.. It might be nice mixed in with jello....

Actually maybe not.... :)

Thanks for the ideas...mucho appreciated.:) With the rice cake and 1 tbsp. of PB, it's like ~14 carbs...the protein has maybe 1-2 grams...would that be low enough or do you suggest lower than that?

smbdybldr said:
Try making some protein pancakes!! :)

1-2 Egg whites
1 Scoop Whey Protein
Pam Spray

Mix Eggwhites and protein powder in a small bowl.. spray pam in a flat non-sticking pan, pour the eggwhites and protein powder mixture to heated pan..
and flip after few minutes..

add All Natural Peanut Butter, and some sugar free syrup!!!

:)

I tried this today. It was great. I used 3 eggs whites and a little water.

Claire

Top Bottom