Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Emotions about pregnancy

Just an observation:

I have noticed that when one of the ladies announces her pregnancy, there quite often is a frownie face within the post. And usually the post has something to do with what their physical appearance is or is going to be, such as "had 6-pack abs and now have a keg". Why is there so much focus on the expecting mother's physical appearance? It saddens me to think that the focus is not so much on the health and growth of the baby but instead how soon "Mom" can achieve her pre-pregnancy figure after birth or the negative effects on Mom's appearance.

If you will allow my testosterone filled opinion...I applaud them. There are some women that use the miracle of childbirth as an excuse to let their body go. And whenever questioned about it their response is " I gave birth to (insert number here) babies...what do you expect.

Also keep in mind that the women on this board are fitness/figure/bbing competitors and strength athletes. They are a different "breed" (slight pun intended) and should be recognized for their commitment to their sport as well as their commitment to their family.

I have yet to see any of the women that post about their potential pregnancy, letting their return to pre-pregnancy physique overshadow the health of their new baby. Having said that, these are women that have alot of work invested in their physiques and THIS is the place to discuss how to "get it back".

Quite frankly I wish their were more women like that...:)

Hannibal said:
If you will allow my testosterone filled opinion...I applaud them. There are some women that use the miracle of childbirth as an excuse to let their body go. And whenever questioned about it their response is " I gave birth to (insert number here) babies...what do you expect.

Also keep in mind that the women on this board are fitness/figure/bbing competitors and strength athletes. They are a different "breed" (slight pun intended) and should be recognized for their commitment to their sport as well as their commitment to their family.

I have yet to see any of the women that post about their potential pregnancy, letting their return to pre-pregnancy physique overshadow the health of their new baby. Having said that, these are women that have alot of work invested in their physiques and THIS is the place to discuss how to "get it back".

Quite frankly I wish their were more women like that...:)
Thank you Hannibal. I couldn't have said it better.

In the two years I've been here, I have seen MAYBE 5 threads posted by expecting women, and none of them were sad about what it would do to their physique. Perhaps concerned about it, and the best way to stay healthy AND not blow up (which should be ANY woman's concern if she's not into high BP, gestational diabetes, etc..). I've never seen someone say,

"I'm pregnant! I can't believe what this is going to do to my body! :( "

When flexygrl said:

"1) weight gain, I am really scared about this."

I think that's a totally reasonable fear. Not because she has any reason to be concerned of the weight itself, but because of the number of people that, as Hannibal pointed out, never lose the weight and BLAME it on the baby. What flexy needs to understand is that it's not the result of pregnancy, it's a result of the mother. I think ALOT of women have this fear, and we can thank the newly-mothered majority, and their displacement of responsibility for their own health, for that unsubstantiated fear.

Where did you get this observation? If you look at Flexygirls post we all have smiling faces next to our answers. Also, I am the one who mentioned having a 6 pack and now have a keg. I'm sorry you took that so negatively but it was all ment in fun. My babies health is first and formost to me. I celebrate my big tummy ( 30th week into preg. ) This to me means that my baby is growing. And to me this is a big thing considering I spent 5 days in the hospital on a Magnesium drip to stop me from losing this baby in my 25th week. I have been training all of my life ( quite literally) and my physical body is very important to me. Yes it's sometimes hard to think of the body going trough so many changes during pregnancy. But what a beautiful miracle of life. I have always bounced back afterwards to pretty much what I was like before. BOSS here on Elite Fitness is the daddy and loves my rounded tummy and I do do. :D :D :D :D
Plenty of smiles

msboss

I think its great that women want to get back in shape after they have their babies. And there is nothing wrong with not wanting to gain a huge amount of weight with pregnancy. Its not healthy for the baby or the mom. Whats unhealthy is never losing the wt. and being too unfit to do things with your kids. I am very proud of the fact that I am back to my pre-preg. size& wt. my baby is 10 months old. This website has helped me more than any thing.

msboss said:
I celebrate my big tummy ( 30th week into preg. ) This to me means that my baby is growing. And to me this is a big thing considering I spent 5 days in the hospital on a Magnesium drip to stop me from losing this baby in my 25th week. I have been training all of my life ( quite literally) and my physical body is very important to me. Yes it's sometimes hard to think of the body going trough so many changes during pregnancy. But what a beautiful miracle of life.

Plenty of smiles for you both...:D :D :D :D

When I posted about when it's right to have a baby, I was overjoyed by all the positive reponses that I got. It showed me that it's absolutely possible to have it all. Weight gain is a concern of mine as is a concern with all mothers. I didn't say anything negative about the miracle of birth and neither did anyone on this board. I don't know where in the world you got that from.

Oh and I completely agree that unhealthy weight gain is a result of the mother's weakness and has nothing to do with the baby.

Last edited:
I'm approaching my 32nd week and when I first found out..yes, I was disappointed, but not because of the physique factor. My 3 kids are school-aged and this was an unplanned pregnancy. I haven't had a child in the past 5 years and I thought I was onto another phase of my life. Being honest with myself was the most important step because even if I felt disappointed about being pregnant - I have always felt blessed with a new life. :D (I had miscarried in 1997 so life is very, very precious and miraculous to me.)

I worry about the weight gain, but not because of vanity. I didn't want to say anything because it only reminds me that there are some things I can't control :bawling:, but I have gestational diabetes. :( I think that's the only frown I have used when I have spoken about my baby. My diet has always been great and I exercise regularly. It's all genetics, I suppose, but my body has limitations which is difficult for me to accept. Anyway, not everyone worries about the weight gain per se - for me it's about health issues.

Top Bottom