Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The effects of AS with Endometriosis and Lupus

Torchy

Ladies and gentlemen(?), I hereby ask anyone help with this topic. Does anyone know about endo? I had surgery 8 mos. ago, but it has reappeared.

I have a history of lupus which I was told brought about the endo. The doc also threw in the use of steroids. He said I have damaged myself. I countered with the fact that AS not only helped me, but alleviated symptoms. Ten years ago, I was faced with the fact that it would be detrimental to my health to ever conceive children. They also told me that I was still in birthing years and could not be treated with test. They're fucked. One does not make sense with the other!!

Now, 2.5 years ago, the doc told me to stop using. Since then, the pain, inflamation of my rib cage, and menstruation is unbelievable. I know there are some mad scientists out there that know their stuff. Will the use of AS, mild ones-low dose, still help?

I never started AS to be one of the overnight sensations, as I've posted. I started to make myself feel better and did double duty. I like to take care of my body, be strong, and tend to pack on good size and gains. This makes me feel good. What, then, my fellow athletes, will go wrong?

Again, thanks for your support:D

"The doc also threw in the use of steroids. He said I have damaged myself. "

Sure, then ask him why Danazol (a C-17 alpha modified weak oral androgen) is effective for treating Endo.

Your use of AAS probably supressed endogenous E production at the brain level, much like Danazol would and stopped the Endo in it's course. Might have even caused a regression.

Lupus is an interesting one, but considering it is much more common in women, again the E link to a fired up immune system is probably an underlying theme. AAS have differing effects on the immune system. Some increase and some decrease immune function, but much of this is unclear. DHEA for example in some studies has been shown to be beneficial for Lupus. Wouldn't surprise me if AAS had a positive effect as well.

W6

Very interesting. Some women in my family have endo, and I was wondering what this family history might mean for my theoretical future use of AAS. Good to know. Any more info out there?

Wyst

Lupus

Torchy,
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I also have Lupus and am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have heard that smaller dosages of Primo will help with joint pain and inflammation from a number of different sources. I have also heard a number of different stories from doctors. I personally don’t understand how they would prescribe prednisone (the oral “legal” steroid) for these symptoms, but are against AS, when prednisone actually does more harm than good for most of the patients. Are you seeing a Rheumotologist? If not, you may want to check them out. Lupus can be caused by just about anything if you have an active gene in your family. Is anyone else related to you having these same issues? PM me if you want to talk. Have a great day.

:elephant:

I have recently been diagnosed with this. NO PAIN AT ALL!!!! I wish I knew why. All I have is some discharge for about 4 days at ovulation that my Dr. assures me is bleeding but doesn't look like blood at all. If this is as bad as mine gets I am a happy camper!!

It sounds like your doctor doesn't know what he's talking about ... most endo women who get pregnant experience complete remission of symptoms while carrying the baby and while breastfeeding. A lot of doctors will *recommend* pregnancy if you have endo ... whether you want and are able to take care of a baby or not!

Sure, then ask him why Danazol (a C-17 alpha modified weak oral androgen) is effective for treating Endo.

Yeah, gotta agree with this one as well.

NO ONE knows what causes endometriosis. I doubt very seriously that any drugs you may have taken caused it. The vast majority of endo sufferers have never taken this type of drug in their lives. There is some speculation that it is autoimmune, in that endo sufferers often have some other autoimmune condition ... hypothyroid ... allergies ... lupus ... etc.

For the most up to date info go to the bookstore and find _The Endometriosis Sourcebook_. It is chock full of good info. I found mine at the Barnes and Noble ... but the stories in it were so depressing I stopped reading. I don't have any symptoms right now and I didn't want to bring any on by reading this stuff. But a lot of good info is there around the sad stories.

Thanks Troll!

Hey, I know my Doc is full of shit about the endo and pregnancy:D My concern is the endo mixed with lupus does not create a good idea for getting pregnant to begin with:bawling: I do not know what brought about this stuff, possibly the auto-immune condition.

As for the endo by itself discussion, if you have no pain, thank someone. It gets excrutiating. I don't think the heating pad gets hot enough or the pillows firm enough. I am allergic to pain pills or else I'd probably be a junky! It's not cool to get your peroid every 2 wks.! Can't do any goodies until my shoulder heals and that would alleviate altogether.

Take care of yourself, babe:)

I saw your pics. Man, you are sure working hard! You look so strong!

This link is mostly women who have been advised to have hysterectomies, but there are those on there who are fighting endo as well, also women who have been around the block with this shit and post links to informative articles.

www.hystersisters.com

I can't help anyone on here with anything else, so glad I could post some info. My mother had endo WITH pain, so I know what you are going through.

*waves to Torchy*

Endo Victum

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was only 15 y/o. I am now 31. It has been a very long road, as you know for yourself. It has been disabling at times for me. The Lupron I made me suicidal & depressed, the hormones made me have hot flashes, weap unexpectedly, and finally, 15 years from when the nightmare began, I had a total hysterectomy and laser operation. I feel reborn, energetic, & elevated! I would be happy to give you any info I can and if you want to message me any questions, I'm here:) Best of Luck.

Top Bottom