Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ECA Stack and Depression

pinkbunny55

Ok I was just wondering what the deal is with the stack and how it effects depression.
I have clinical depression and take a prescription anti depressant.
But when I stack with ECA it is like heaven, I feel wonderful and outgoing - etc....
Now when I come off of the stack I get depressed again even though I am taking the medication for it.
Anyone out there know what the hell is going on with this - HELP!!!!

Thanks heaps!!
Bunny

"This is who we are"

The eca stack is definitly an upper, and well, it's working for you. You feel full of energy and ready to do anything that life throws you right? Yeah that's how I feel on it too. It's good for a while but after my body gets used to it I find it's almost naeuseating (for me anyways). Have you tryed exenidrine? It makes me feel even better believe it or not.
QUOTE]Originally posted by pinkbunny55:
Ok I was just wondering what the deal is with the stack and how it effects depression.
I have clinical depression and take a prescription anti depressant.
But when I stack with ECA it is like heaven, I feel wonderful and outgoing - etc....
Now when I come off of the stack I get depressed again even though I am taking the medication for it.
Anyone out there know what the hell is going on with this - HELP!!!!

Thanks heaps!!
Bunny

"This is who we are"
[/QUOTE]

I have tried almost all kinds of ECA stack, but I seem to taper for up to 4 weeks and it still seems to end in depression.
But I have cycled it and that helps so I am not on it for an extended period of time.
Apparently the ephedrine has some effect on the brain chemestry for depressed people, and I read somewhere it helps them long term, but I dont think it is a good idea to take it for a long time.
Cant seem to remember where I read it though - I think the bad memory is from old age, not depression - hahahaah
Well, if anyone else has heard of this, please add their 2 cents worth.

Thnaks heaps
Bunny

[This message has been edited by pinkbunny55 (edited April 24, 2001).]

I too have suffered from clinical depression and was on anti D's for almost three years but have not needed them for the last two. It is not something to take lightly IMO and even though the ECa makes you feel better while on it the resulting crash is not worth it. If you must take it I would suggest more of a taper on and taper off approach but if it continues to trigger depression I would tighten up the diet and training more and forget the ECA.

Have you spoke to your doctor about this? I was on an antidepressant as well and my doc was totally against me taking any. She would not prescribe any meds unless I was clean of ephedra. I did start to take some at a later time though. Even now I experience happier moods when I take them. They just pep me up simply because I have energy. But I would definitely speak to your doc. Different meds will have certain effects on you that your doc may need to know about.

Definitely discuss this with your doc. A lot depends on the antidepressant your're taking and which enzymes and neurochemicals the antiD is affecting or interacting with. Ephedra products could be a particular problem if you're taking an antidepressant that's also an MAO inhibitor.

I talked to my doc about it and he said that the meds can become less effective over time, but said nothing about the ECA stack or how it would effect me.
Said that feeling better when you work out is natural.

Bunny

Top Bottom