Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

drug testing natural comp.

jnuts

i want to compete in a a natural figure show in July, does anyone know what one can take that is allowed in a Natural show, I need to take an ECA w.ephedra to lean down what about clen? is consisdered a no- no?

Thanks,

Mrs. JNUTS

You'll have to check with the federations you're interested in competing in. If they test to IOC level then drugs like clen and ephedrine are definitely forbidden, but that usually only applies within a day or two of competition since these drugs can't be detected for very long. Of course if they make you sit a lie detector test and ask you if you've taken banned drugs, then you may get caught. For better or for worse, most federations consider ephedrine use to be a 'misdemeanor', and you could always get a friendly doctor to just prescribe them for you.

I am assuming a show will say it is natural, right? If nothing is stated about being tested or polygraphed, then would it be assumed it is not natural? That the use of drugs is "acceptable"?

Wow, testing for ephedrine too? Now THAT is natural! :)

"Wow, testing for ephedrine too? Now THAT is natural!"

Not at all. That is the IOC standard, which is why the federation I compete in tests for it. They are the only federation that has the all clear from the IOC to send competitors to the Olympics (bodybuilding will be a demonstration sport in 2004). My federation does not call themselves 'natural' and I don't kid myself that many of the competitors are natural, just like the Olympics does not call itself a 'natural' sport event and we all know the drug use that goes on at that level. So it really depends. Morally I think that if you are competing in a natty event then you are duty bound to abide by their rules regarding drug use and find out what is allowed and what is not. If it's not a natty event (but tested for other reasons such as IOC accreditation) then go for it but don't get caught.

MS said:
Morally I think that if you are competing in a natty event then you are duty bound to abide by their rules regarding drug use and find out what is allowed and what is not.

I recently learned this hard lesson about powerlifting. Found out alot of the ladies I looked up to in non tested divisions are actually juiced to the gills. I don't care if they juice or not. I'm just disappointed that I had them on such a pedestal. On the one hand, the numbers don't seem so far out of reach now; on the other hand; for all the trouble they go through, the numbers don't seem to justify all the work that goes into the deception.

Anyay, MS, your post just struck a chord with me. How do people break the rules and then have the balls to post the numbers? I'd feel like shit doing that. I'd rather have every odd against me, and still do the best I can. I could compete in a tested comp right now, but I won't, because I will ALWAYS have an advantage from past cycles, "clean" or not. I'm glad my federation allows all kinds of equipment and drugs. No one feels pressured to bullshit, and we can all just lift for the love of it.

*DISCLAIMER* I define "clean" as not on, and "natural" as having never been on. I'm clean, not natural.

Thanks MS, Spatts & daisy girl,

I thought anything OTC would pass, isn't ephedrine in all the fat burners or is it all pulled off the shelves? I did talk to the promoter and he said anything OTC is alright, nothing prescribed

MS said:
"Wow, testing for ephedrine too? Now THAT is natural!"

Not at all. That is the IOC standard, which is why the federation I compete in tests for it. They are the only federation that has the all clear from the IOC to send competitors to the Olympics (bodybuilding will be a demonstration sport in 2004). My federation does not call themselves 'natural' and I don't kid myself that many of the competitors are natural, just like the Olympics does not call itself a 'natural' sport event and we all know the drug use that goes on at that level. So it really depends. Morally I think that if you are competing in a natty event then you are duty bound to abide by their rules regarding drug use and find out what is allowed and what is not. If it's not a natty event (but tested for other reasons such as IOC accreditation) then go for it but don't get caught.

I knew that the Olympics banned ephedrine, I just didn't realize that there were events in BB and such that didn't allow it. My naivity. I've never competed, so I never have really looked up the "rules" of contests to see who tests, what they test for, etc.

I hope none of my posts implied that I would even *think* about competing natural when I am not. I certainly agree with you on using then competing in natural comp. I don't agree with it and wouldn't do it. I'm playing with the idea of doing a comp in July and was curious about testing simply because I *don't* want to break the rules. Like I said, I've never competed, so the what the rules for each federation and each contest are unfamiliar to me. Chances are I won't compete anyway so that is a moot point! :)

"nothing prescribed"...............????!!!WTF I'm sure that's not correct. I mean it's OK to take OTC diet pills but NOT OK to take prescribed asthma meds? Antidepressants? Antibiotics? You can still get all sorts of prohormones OTC, but these can easily cause you to fail a drug test whether or not they are banned. It REALLY depends on where and with who you are competing so you must specifically ask. If you want to take ephedrine and one federation bans it, then maybe you should shop around for a different federation to compete in. MOST competitions do not ban or test for ephedrine, only internationally IOC accredited IFBB shows. Since I tend to compete in these, I am aware of their testing criteria, but I really don't know what local US shows test or don't test. I DO know that ephedrine clears MY system in 7 days from a testing point of view, but this is not an issue since I don't wish to use thermogenics in my last week precompetition anyway (messes up with carb loading).

And I agree with ya spatts. I truly don't care if someone I compete against is juicing or not, but this culture of blatantly denying it when you are, really bothers me. I don't think it's the competitors fault so much as it's the stigma that comes attached to juicing which makes folks want to lie. I mean, how many women do you know that would lie about their new improved breast thanks to a good plastic surgeaon? No stigma attached to this operation anymore, so no need to pretent you were born with them when everyone else can tell without a doubt that you've had implants. Same should apply to drug use in sports....remove the stigma and the bans, and you turn cheaters into honest people.

MS said:
Same should apply to drug use in sports....remove the stigma and the bans, and you turn cheaters into honest people.

Absolutely. Long live the APF. :)

Depending on the organization, you're probably ok with ephedra/ephedrine hcl and yohimbe/yohimbine hcl, but not clen or albuterol. Pro-hormones/pro-steroids are banned, as are prescription diuretics, insulin, HGH and steroids.

Top Bottom