Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drop sets

velvett

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Come on now - who's lovin these?

:chomp:

It's a pain pleasure thing no?

I had the BEST chest/back w/o the other day (until it got interupted :rolleyes: ) in I can't remember how long.

IMO - drops sets *might* be the best way to train....

Drop sets is my answer to "no spotter" when I can't complete a set at higher weight. To do full-on mult-drop sets to failure, however, I think these need to be done with some recovery time. I've got the tendonitis to prove that.

Otherwise, esp on the big lifts, eg. leg press, if someone can strip your weights for you, damn. I haven't had a killer glute burn like that in looong time!

Sassy69 said:
. I've got the tendonitis to prove that.

Do you think going to failure on drops is any different than going to failure on straight sets??

If so - how?

Are you saying that drop sets are worse for tendonitis than straight sets?

Last edited:
I think she is saying that she OVERDID the drop sets.....just like you can overdo going to failure with a spotters.

I LOVE drop sets. I HATE HATE HATE training with other people - the idea of a "training partner" gives me the heebie jeebies.... for me, training is a solitary activity. So drop sets have ALWAYS been my answer to training to failure w/ a spotter.

Daisy_Girl said:
I think she is saying that she OVERDID the drop sets.....just like you can overdo going to failure with a spotters.

I LOVE drop sets. I HATE HATE HATE training with other people - the idea of a "training partner" gives me the heebie jeebies.... for me, training is a solitary activity. So drop sets have ALWAYS been my answer to training to failure w/ a spotter.

overdoing a drop set shouldnt cause tendonitits though...unless it was lack of rest time between subsequent workouts....

Definitely involves other things -- but don't you want some recovery time, i.e. do you make serious dropsets your routine every week?

Sassy69 said:
Definitely involves other things -- but don't you want some recovery time, i.e. do you make serious dropsets your routine every week?

I have for 3-4 weeks at a time....

but I dont see how a triple drop to failure is different than 4 straight sets to failure from a joint stress standpoint

At the risk of sounding totally ignorant can someone please explain the concept of drop sets to me?

Thanks
Necia

***on The Triple Drops...each Drop Should Be Done For Max Reps...look To Drop 20-30% Each Drop From Previous Weight....so You Drop The Weight 3 Times

Top Bottom