Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing cardio after training in the P.M.

nineoneone

I lift from 8-9 every night and then 3 days outta the week I do cardio immediately after lifting..Now my question is when do I eat after wards, do I wait an hour after running, 1/2 hour, immediately..I thought I was still burning fat for a certain time after doing cardio, therefore when is good, and remember this is my last meal for the day..:D

Well immediately after working out(within 1/2 hour) you want to take in a protein shake, and thow in some Glutamine as well.

Maybe you can condense the weight training to 3 nights a week and do the Cardio on the off days. What type of WT do you do....fast paced?

JerseyBB

what do you mean what type do I do? I lift as heavy as I can for 8-10 reps...I was told that the best time to do cardio was in the morning on an empty stomach however the next best time is immediately following weight training...

I like your handle, do you work in emergency services in some capacity, or are you like me...everything is always an emergency and I run around with my hair on fire? <very hard to do for a bald guy too! LOL>

Anyway, what do your other meals look like? Assuming that your goal in to increase LBM and decrease fat, it's probably not going to be easy to eat a full whole food meal after seven or eight if plan to go to bed around eleven. Are you planning to eat a MRP supplemented with some whole foods, or what?

If you are seriously trying to build muscle then you will want to have some good protein before bed and maybe some BCAA's, etc. This theory hopes to aid the body in maintaining anabolism over night.

I hope that doesn't confuse things further, and sorry if you have already posted diet/weight routine elsewhere already.

BE

no, I don't work in emergency of any kind, I just always feel that I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. (Hopefully I don't look that funny though)

My meals are great all day, but after I work out I usually have 1/4 cup oats with 3 egg whites, I have been told that I should eat something with a higher gi level, but nothing like that fits in with my daily totals easily.

There is a theory floated speculating that a spike in insulin will help move nutrients into the system enhancing anabolism. I have tried it both ways, and for me it slows down fat loss. Of course, I am male and NOT you.

Personally, I don't think this will make that much difference until you are down to the last few BF% prepping for a comp.

BE

P.S. Without a good idea of your workouts and diet this is about it.

Top Bottom