Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does your job get in the way of your BB lifestyle?

pinkiron

I'm sitting at my desk wondering how I'm going to get away from this client/meeting/dinner tonight? If I go, I know I won't be able to stick to clean eating (not for lack of discipline but for lack of clean food choices!) I know I'll miss my chest workout, which I won't be able to recover during the week because I need to catch up to my last chest workout I missed last week (for the same reason!). I just make so many efforts on a daily basis to eat well, train hard, sleep 8 hrs a night, I hate to see it "damaged" for something that is out of my control! :mad: How can I commit to seeing my abs in 6 weeks, if I keep having "intrudors" mess up my game plan... I know I should go with the flow, but this is a flow I could do without!!!

I don't know, I just needed to vent... Anybody want to vent with me? Anybody's day job mess up their passion/sport/dreams?

Yes! I completely know how you feel...and it's very frustrating. Luckily I don't have to worry about client dinners out or anything...but I work for an epicurean magazine...and we have daily taste testings. It can be REALLY challenging to eat clean with so much food in my face every day! Good luck :D

I'm sitting at my desk wondering how I'm going to get away from this client/meeting/dinner tonight? If I go, I know I won't be able to stick to clean eating (not for lack of discipline but for lack of clean food choices!) I know I'll miss my chest workout, which I won't be able to recover during the week because I need to catch up to my last chest workout I missed last week (for the same reason!). I just make so many efforts on a daily basis to eat well, train hard, sleep 8 hrs a night, I hate to see it "damaged" for something that is out of my control! :mad: How can I commit to seeing my abs in 6 weeks, if I keep having "intrudors" mess up my game plan... I know I should go with the flow, but this is a flow I could do without!!!

I don't know, I just needed to vent... Anybody want to vent with me? Anybody's day job mess up their passion/sport/dreams?

Yes, it is challenging, however once you make a decision that is the lifestyle you want to lead, all will fall into place. You can almost always have a baked/grilled chicken or fish anywhere you go. If there's any sauce in them, you can always ask for the sauce on the side. The same goes for vegetables.

In terms of training, if you miss a day here and there, is ok. But as I said, the universe will provide what you desire the most. Hang in there, it will happen..

I used to work in a large multinational, and forever I would get comments of ..errrr what's that you're eating? why are you eating that? Why do you want to go to the gym rather than come and have some after work drinks?
You absolutely sure you don't want pizza/chocolate/take out?
etc etc

I would feel such an outcast and get stared at if I arrived or left in training kit....

The worst bit was I would have negative attitudes towards me if I tried to get out of attending client drinks, or functions that were after work or away weekends/days as I would rather go and have my own time, eat better and feel better for having had a good workout.
Thankfully no longer have to put up with that!

Well, I did go to the client/dinner/meeting...and well, it turned out excatly how I thought it would...not well! I agree with you Thandie that you can almost always order a grilled chicken breast, theoritcly! The problem is when you are out with your boss, collegues and client, you cannot simply order what ever you want when the client decides to order for everybody since you're he brought all of us to his favourite restaurant! So you do have to eat the veal parmigiana! And if you don't, and politetly decline the food and ask to order something else, well you can, but then the boss well have a fit...it doesn't look very good for a someone who works in PR!

I love my sport, and make a world of sacrifice for it that don't bother me. I don't eat cake at the office when it's someone's b-day, I don't have donuts or muffins in Friday morning meetings, I order a fancy bottle of water when the office goes out to happy hour on Thursdays and I HAVE to go and I do bring my egg whites with mashed sweet potatoes in mid-afternoon brain storming sessions. I do get stared at for what I eat and drink and I let it go or I answer their questions. Some congratulate me for my discipline, others say I'm nuts and we only have one life to live and I shouldn't bother myself with such things as having ripped abs and a caped shoulder! These comments only make me stronger...

What does bother me, is when I'm not free to make the descisions I know are right for me and simply when my job obligations get in the way!

If you let it then yes but it is all about planning I was bad when I started in outside sales I would skip meals now I always have my cooler bag in the car filled leaving nothing to chance. I have client meetings and vendor meetings that almost always involve food. I try to find out the resturant before hand then look at there menu there is very few resturants you can't get a plain chicken breast with some veggies or salad. If you let them know why you are declining to eat what they ordered IE you have a contest coming up most people will respect it. I have gone to sales confrences where I had the chef custom make everything for me. I was willing to bring my own food but our even co-ordinator promised me they would meet my needs and they did.

Frequently...more so now than ever because I'm doing scuba stuff. Not so much with food...I can manage that ok. But finding time to get in a good workout has gotten increasingly difficult. My schedule has gotten erratic and I can't keep a regular lifting schedule as a result. It's starting to make me a little nuts lol.

My job is 9 - 5... LOL. I can't think of a day I have been out of here before 7pm.
I finally started working out in the mornings. It is the only time I have control of.
My job is extremelys stressful too. It lends to binge eating and impulse eating.
Working out will probably save my life. It keeps me eating healthy. I keep healthy snacks at work.
I would probably be over 300lbs if I didn't work out. That would be from eating and stress.
While my job is horrible for working out... working out is so key to my job!!!

Mine used to, overtime & high stress,full speed all day, I have gone back to school & work part time, so eating/WO has improved. I got the same comments. Why drink your lunch and exercise when you can eat mexican/chinese/buffet?!? Hmmm, because I want to look good!! Keep it up!

most people that compete end up becomming a trainer or have duel income that allows it

Every contest I have been to id say 70% of the competetors are personal trainers, work at a gym or are in the bussiness somehow or someway.

Top Bottom