Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does T3 decrease insulin sensitivity and....

Yes, insulin insensitivity is a bad thing. It is the most common first step in deterioration to Type 2 diabetes. When insulin sensitivity is reduced, the body has to produce more insulin to get the same glucose uptake as a 'normal' person. High insulin levels inhibit lipolysis and potentiate lipogenesis and foam cell formation (responsible for artherosclerosis). Insulin insensitive folks also have higher blood glucose levels for longer, and this leads to glycogenation of many plasma proteins which is also a bad thing. Insulin insensitivity also reduces the muscles ability to take up glucose for glycogen resynthesis after weight training, making it harder to gain muscle. I could go on for a while, but I think you get the point.

Of potential interest to low carb dieters is the reduction in serotonergic function associated with low carb intake. Insulin sensitivity responds to plasma levels of tryptophan and other branched-chain neutral amino acids, also has influence on the acitive transport of tryptophan, precursor of 5-HT, through blood-brain barrier. On the other hand, serotonin in hypothalamic nucleus affects the satiety center and by this feedback interferes with sensitivity of the peripheral insulin receptors. This affect may be short term, but could be another good reason why cyclical low-carb dieters feel bad a lot of the time. In other words, low tryptophan/serotonin levels may lead to an increase in carb cravings at a time when your body is least able to deal with a large influx of carbs. This is possibly another good reason to supplement with 5-HTP, or Prozac etc when starting out on a low carb diet. Some PMS sufferers are also finding these supplements help alot with carb cravings.

Whoops temple. Sorry. Here's my babelfish translation into english:

Yes, insulin insensitivity is a bad thing. It is the most common first step on the way to Type 2 diabetes. When insulin sensitivity is reduced, the body has to produce more insulin to get the same glucose uptake as a 'normal' person. High insulin levels reduce the body's ability to burn fat, and tip the balance in favor of fat storage. As well as this, high insulin levels are a factor in causing plaques involved in hardening of the arteries. Insulin insensitive folks also have higher blood glucose levels for longer, and this leads to sugars getting stuck on proteins which shouldn't have sugars attached to them. Insulin insensitivity also reduces the muscles ability to take up glucose and refill you muscles after weight training, making it harder to gain muscle. The increased insulin production also puts a huge burden on your pancreas and can eventually lead to insulin dependant diabetes if the pancreas "burns out". I could go on for a while, but I think you get the point.

There is evidence that good insulin sensitivity increases serotonin activity in the brain and conversely, decreased insulin sensitivity may impair serotonin activity and cause carb cravings when you body is least able to deal with the very carbs it's craving. CKD diets may work in the opposite way by decreasing serotonin levels, which may lead to a decrease in insulin sensitivity. This decrease in sensitivity may be temporary as you body adjusts to a low carb environment, but by constantly cycling back to higher carbs you may be doing damage to you insulin sensitivity and loading you body up with carbs when it's not really ready to deal with them. This is a very good reason to use glucose 'disposal agents' both at the beginning of carb depletion and when you start your carb up. This is also a good reason to use something like 5-HTP or prozac during CKD type diets.

MS,

Being a Diabetic myself....that answer was outstanding my friend....knowing your body, and having a good endrocrinolgist to confide in.....there are tricks of the trade to help with fat loss if you're Diabetic....Good answer all the way around.....

Being a Diabetic and on DNP sucks too....heh heh heh

Ranger

Yup,

Everyone in my family Lobo...I take my mother to Diaylsis 3 times per week, and to get her EPO injections....I take 8mg's of Avandia, plus Lasix and Quinine...never stopped me of anything, and never will for that matter...

Ranger

I'm still in shock. I just LOVE it when I find out about diabetics that are refusing to be less fit and healthy than anyone else. Who'd of thought Ole Ranger was one? Getting in touch with your body, that's the ticket. It's a really good idea for anyone that's into staying healthy, but an extra challenge for diabetics. I'd love to hear more about a day in your diet Ranger, including when you exercise, take your insulin, what kind(s) of insulin you take, and how you tweak you slin and food intake to compensate for diferent things.

DNP on the other hand sounds CRAZY. Hehehe I suspect you know what you're doing though.

My diet generally consist of around 150 to 250 grams of carbs per day...year round, and I try to take in most before 2 to 4pm....I have a wonderful Endocrin. who helps me before, during, and post cycle....heh heh heh...He calls me " The Experiment " and when I go for blood work before a given cycle starts, he actually cringes when I tell him the dosages and different AS compounds that will be taken...But, I love the fucker for his help, advice, and scripts to keep me out of trouble....

He will usually prescribe Lasix(for water retention), Quinine for the added loss of minerals and cramp reduction due to the Lasix. I sometimes will take a potassium supplement and drop sodium intake, but, there have been times due to the blood work that I have had to drop the potassium, and increase sodium....ya get what ya pay for in life, and I take my blood sugar levels 6 to 8 times per day....BUT, the key is knowing your body and the times it tells you when your Insulin is low, or high....fat loss and muscle gain are very hard fought, and easily lost....Now that armidex is on the scene, it should greatly reduce the estrogenic sides which work the kidneys into overtime....DNP at 200mg's per day has really worked my body into overtime, I had never tried it, and will only stay on this dosage for 10 days and go no higher....I do not think my body would tolerate that, and have found that I have to take in a few simple carbs during the day due to low sugar levels....sucks to do it, but when you're shaking like a dog shitt'in peach seeds....best thing for the ole bod....

Most never have realized I am Diabetic, they just think I eat healthy as a result of my lifestyle....I do it to preserve my way of life, and to do what I love best....BLEED IRON!!! Hasn't stopped me thus far, and won't until I take the final dirt nap....Peace

Ranger

Top Bottom