Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does creatine work differently for women?

MrTartarSauced

I have been taking creatine for 3 weeks now, and I amgetting bloated, kind of more watery. This is very strange to me,because my husband takes the exact same creatine and in the samedosage, but he does not have this problem. Is there anythingparticularly wrong with creatine for women?

what dose are you using?

also keep in mind just cause your husband can tolerate the extra crap in creatine powders doesn't mean you can

i recommend you buy PLAIN creatine tablets. n2bm sells ancient strength, i feel like your stomach is being upset from the fillers

To answer the 'does it work differently' question: no. Maybe take no more than 5g max and, of course, be aware that you might feel bloated with either the menstrual cycle or stomach upset. I've not tried it yet but give Ancient Strength a try

All men and women have the exact same muscles and energy system. Creatine supplements work the exact same way in males and females.

The only difference is that females should use a slightly lower dosage since they weigh less. 3-5g per day is the recommended dosage for females. 5-10g per day is the recommended dosage for males.

Creatine bloat is mostly due to people:
1. Using way too much creatine
2. Not drinking enough water.

If you are using a sensible dosage (3-5g per day is good for a female) and drinking enough water throughout the day, you shouldn't experience any bloat.

You might also be experiencing bloating from artificial flavours/sweeteners. Are you using a flavoured creatine supplement? Try using a capsulated creatinesupplement like ancient strength from n2bm.com or an unflavoured bulk creatine monohydrate powder.

No, it does not work differently. The thing is that women should be taking a lower dosage than men, because they are usually so much smaller. Therefore, if your husband takes 10 grams per day, you should be taking just 5. Hence the water retention and bloating you are experiencing. Also, drinking more water helps reduce this side effect, so you should be drinking more water.

Top Bottom