Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does Citrimax work? Any other appetite suppressants?

I am new to this board, so first I want to say that I am really surprised and happy to find that you are all such supportive people! It is so difficult to do the gym thing all on your own.
I've been lifting for a year now, and I absolutely love it! I did that beginner thing, where you train your arms and chest and nothing else. I'm starting to do everything else now. Unfortunately I gained my freshman 10 in this first year of college. I'm finally down to 135 again, but I need to lose 10 lbs of fat (and gain some more muscle in lower body and upper back). I'm almost 19, 5'4'' and have a medium-large frame. 135 looks right on me, I just need to turn it from fat to muscle.
I do cardio and I eat a clean vegetarian (not vegan) diet. Unfortunately my cardio hasn't been terribly consistent, only 3-4 times a week lately but always high intensity and 25-60 mins.
Tried Xenadrine to help burn fat but all it did was raise my blood pressure, give me anxiety, and dehydrate me. I need a non-speedy appetite supressant. I've heard citrimax works but I'm wondering if anyone here has had success with it, or if there are other supplements that are more effective.

Hi and welcome to the boards!!!! Your diet is the main concern. make sure it is in line...I am not the best to aske when it comes to diet like yours. I am a meat eatin gal. Make sure you are drinking tons of water and hitting the weights heavy!!! As far as fatburners....i love the ones you do not. SO i am of no help in that area either, I dont think hydroxycut causes the jitters...but i am sure others here could better help you out. :D

ok, sounds as if you are not looking for a thermogenic but just an appetite suppressant? citrimax does work somewhat... more importantly it helps the body NOT store excess carbs as fat... it blocks a metabolic reaction in the body helping to block a certain enzyme from being released... long story short, it helps you eat carbs and not add them as fat...

as an appetite suppressant SOME say its great... its in hydroxy cut but that WILL cause jitters, high blood pressure, all the stuff xenadrine did hydroxy cut will do.

EAS makes "phen free"... actually they bought a company that made it cuz it actually worked well and had no ephedra in it.. its about 25 dollars for a bottle... will not cause jitters due to no ephedra... not certain if it has the citrimax in there or not but if it doesnt stack them together and you will be quite pleased.

by the way... citrimax is the brand name for the active ingredient in garcinia cambogia... hydroxycitric acid is the actual ingredient.

Welcome new gal! :wavey:
The best appetite suppresant I can think of is WATER! And lots of it.....a gallon/day...helps in the fat loss too, fat doesn't like water....helps in muscle gains, muscles are mostly water.

Regular meals...5-6/day containing some quality protein, fibrous carbs & healthy fats keeps metabolism running efficientlyand control appeitite.

Not sure if you mean actually changing the 10 lbs of fat to muscle.. we can alter our body composition (fat to muscle ratio), but you probably know already one cannot change to the other.

Others will want to respond, so I'm not going to hog all the issues to be commented on....... however I just want to add that the 135 you say 'looks right on you' could very likely be a different number that looks much better on you after you build up some strength and muscle in legs & back, as well as all over. Muscle weighs more & is more dense that fat...soooooo TOSS the scale! :smash: The progress you will be making adding quality, metabolically active muscle through lifting heavier weights cannot be measured on the scales.

Good thread on cardio...'when 30+30 does not = 60'.. do a search for it- a great read! :D

Enjoy the boards, hope to hear more from you soon :rolly:

Flex

one more thing about appetite... chromium cuts the sweet tooth cravings...

You are all wonderful! Thank you so much for your advice and especially for getting back to me so very quickly. I going to look into EAS Phen-free and I think I'll try a citrimax aka HCA and chromium supplement (some brands put them together in one pill). I'm not going to bother with Hydroxycut because of the ephedra. Thanks for kickin my ass a bit and reminding me that I need to do the 6 meals and lots of water thing, too. :)
One more question, though: what dose of chromium and HCA should I take? I'm confused because I see bottle that have 1500 mg pills, and ones next to it with 750mcg. HELP!

HCA content in Hydroxycut dosage (4 caps) is 2000 mgs, or 2 gms- perhaps that can be a gauge for you...the usual dosage of chromium is 200 mcg...both I believe are best taken spread out over the day, neither cause jitters.

Just to pass on a little info...many women tell me the yohimbe & caffeine combo on Phen Free by EAS gives them headaches, or at least they feel that's what causes them.. again, not being a Doc her, just passing it on for you.
Good luck to you! :D

Citrimax is a competitive inhibitor of citrate lyase. Citrate lyase is the enzyme that breaks down citrate and is the first step in making fat from carbohydrate. Key word is competitive. While it may work in the very short term, so much citrate accumulates that it overcomes the Citrimax and the process of making fat from carbs continues. Citrimax was looked into in the 60's by a major drug company as an obesity treatment. It never worked, still doesn't and never will. Don't waste your money.

In my opinion, ephedrine/caffeine remains the most effective thermogenic out there. Everything else is overrated. Generics are fine, you pay out the ass for name brand advertising.

W6

Most of the thermogenics out there now have the same stuff in them, give or take a few things....I find switching different kinds and cycling on and off seems to help, as your body adapts after a while. I am on my first week of adipokinetixs and i love it!!! But i am one that usually just takes good old ephedrine, some caffeine tabs or coffee:D and maybe some asprin....do a search...lots of info on thermogenics, and yohimbine seems to be ideal especially for women.

Top Bottom