Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do men sleep less?

Panami

Hi guys! I sleep so much more than my husband, that it got me wondering if this is something personal to me, or women actually need to sleep more than men do? It seems that he has such an easy time waking up, and I can not get up unless I sleep my 9-10 hours.

I would not make the gender separation – it is very individual. Some people sleep more, others sleep less. What also matters a lot, is the quality of your sleep. If you sleep better, you may need less hours of sleep. All in all, don't worry about it all that much, especially if it is not causing you trouble.

no some people just need more sleep than others

this is a concept that people just don't understand. a lot of people with psychological disorders like being bipolar can get away with under 4 hours of sleep no problem or no sleep at all.

It varies from person to person. The gender makes no difference.

The main thing that influences sleep is how much you exercise, stress levels etc.

Stress is when your body regenerates and repairs. If you workout intensely, if you are under a lot of stress etc. - you need more sleep. Simple as that.

And how do you find the right sleeping time for someone?

there is no right amount of sleep. it varies. also it depends on your lifestyle

if you work 10 hours a day, then spend 2 hours pounding in the gym with another sport.. you will need more sleep

if you are a trust fund baby and do nothing all day you will need less

I wouldn't look too much at the total time but the quality time you sleep. Some people are in bed 8 hours but only get a good 4 hours of quality sleep. That is very different from someone getting good sleep for 6-8 hours.

And how do you find the right sleeping time for someone?

The absolute best way would be to book an appointment with a sleep clinic. They will test to ensure you are not just sleeping enough but the quality of your sleep is on point as well.

It'll cost you some money but that's the best testing method.

Top Bottom