Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do afro-american women get bigger?

Imee-Macaranas

Is it true that afro-american ladies are more proneto having bodyfat, or it is just a common misunderstanding? Is thereany scientific proof to that? I am afro-american, and I am having avery hard time getting in shape, so I'd like to know how should I dothis?

The answer is no. For a start not every Afro-American woman has the same genetic background. That said a few of the countries had, for many years, a thing where the bigger lady was considered both desirable and wealthy (it's harder to be fat when you can't eat = poor).

Not every Afro-American person, male or female, came in on slave ships. s
Some are plain old immigrants. That means, in both cases, their parents and grand parents came from a LOT of countries. Some are pre-disposed to fat more than others. Do you know where your kin originate from?

As to how an Afro-American person loses weight - the same way anyone else does.

I think that it is a matter of individual genetics, and you can not attribute a certain trait to everyone of a particular race. @stevemobster is absolutely right - it is a very personal thing. You should rather pay attention to your parents and grand parents - they will be a good indicator of what you can expect of your physique.

there are fat people of all races and backgrounds

it boils down to lifestyles

i just saw a really fat black dude at my gym yesterday.. he obviously does not eat right and he was barely working out like in slow motion. and i saw another black guy who was fucking ripped who was working out hard. i mean it is all about your lifestyle

sometimes people blame genetics as a crutch

in your situation pure and simple you do not have your diet dialed in. you should start by googling a calorie calculator and see what your calories should be.. you will notice that you are simply eating TOO MUCH. there are a lot of hidden calories in foods, especially restaurant food or foods that get marketed as healthy like subway

There are fat and thin people from all backgrounds.

Generally speaking (and I don't mean to come off as a racist but this is the reality), African American's come from lower income households and generally consume more processed foods like Kraft dinner, soda, microwave dinners etc.

No matter what genetics you have, you can ALWAYS loose body fat and get in shape. It may be slightly harder for some people if they have terrible but genetics but no matter what your background, you can always get in shape.

I wouldn't worry too much about this exact question. What I would recommend is to track your daily calories. That way you can ensure you are in a caloric deficit every day. That is how you lose weight. You can use a TDEE calculator to determine how many calories you burn in a day and then subtract 500 from that. That is how many you want to eat every day for fat loss. Make sure you are exercising 3-5 times per week too.

Top Bottom