Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet/Workout Critique

GatsbyGirl

Ok - my goal is to lose weight (60 lbs lost so far - 25 more to go) and build muscle. Don't want to be a fitness competitor but want to look like one. :qt:

Can you take a look and tell me what you think?

I Just loaded my menu into FitDay.com and here's what I got:

Total: 1208
Fat: 39 351 29%
Sat: 9 84 7%
Poly: 9 82 7%
Mono: 11 96 8%
Carbs: 76 247 20%
Fiber: 15 0 0%
Protein: 155 621 51%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

My workout schedule is:

Weights
Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri/Sat - 30 mins.
Splits are:
back/biceps/core
chest/triceps/core
shoulders/traps/core
quads/glutes/core
hams/calves/core

Cardio
30 mins running 3-4 times per week after weights

Extra
Tues - Racquetball
Wed - Pilates

Supplements
USANA mega antioxidant and chelated mineral
L-glutamine
Tribesten
NOXplode

I want to totally maximize my efforts and I really appreciate any and all feedback.

The training looks good -- did you include your stats anywhere? I am always concerned when I see really low calories --- just want to know where you are now weight / bodyfat / height -wise.

Congrats on the 60 lbs so far!!! That is awesome!

I would not go below 10 X your body weight at any one time. You are where I started from 170 range. Shoot for 1700 - 2000 cals, not above, not below. You dip below you MAY be sacrificing the muscle you want to build.

Where are your cals coming from? Clean foods? Packaged food? Fast food Salads?Are you having a cheat meal? Do you drink alcohol (keep with cheat meal)? How much water a day?

I would start with interval training for cardio. Make your ass work harder for shorter amount of time with better results IMO. :)

What are your weight & rep ranges? Heavy enough to hit 8-12 reps?

Again great job & welcome!

Ditto above ....

Also, have you looked into HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of 5 days of steady state cardio? I think it would be much more effective. If you are not used to interval training, you can ease into it, but intervals are so much more effective than excessive steady state, INHO. I'll link some info in a minute .....

Looks like baby Daisy just OD'd on cheerio carbs and just hit the bottom of the sugar crash.... ;)

For weight training I usually pyramid. I'll start with 15 reps and then increase weight until I struggle to do 10. Bench press for example I usually start at 75 and then max out at 105.

I tried HIIT today on the bike and it was pretty cool. I went for a total of 25 mins. The Draper stuff was good but didn't really say how long the entire session should last and in what increments.

Hi gg -- you mentioned earlier in the NOExplode post about how tired you get --- just looking at the above diet --- you need to eat more cals. That's why you're getting tired.

Top Bottom