Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet ? For Sassy

jkmom

Thank you for answering my questions on supplements. I am interested in your information regarding the keto type diets - pardon my ignorance because I am more interested in a high protein diet and I think -(not sure) a keto diet is higher in fat. I read your comments and was wondering if you had more thoughts on this type of intake. My biggest goal is to clear up all of the sugar cravings and ofcourse shed the extra fat - I think this type of plan is best(?) Thanks!

jkmom said:
Thank you for answering my questions on supplements. I am interested in your information regarding the keto type diets - pardon my ignorance because I am more interested in a high protein diet and I think -(not sure) a keto diet is higher in fat. I read your comments and was wondering if you had more thoughts on this type of intake. My biggest goal is to clear up all of the sugar cravings and ofcourse shed the extra fat - I think this type of plan is best(?) Thanks!

OK there's two things going on --- the sugar cravings -personally I think this just comes w/ cleaning out your diet. If you starve yourself, however, you get all sorts of cravings, so that's not an option. I personally like using a carb cycle - its very similar to keto but does a refeed every couple days instead 1/week and not so much focus on no carbs & all fats - its just a changing ratio of protein / fat /carb so you should never be starving for anything and fueling optimially for fat loss. Cleaning up the diet & eating good carbs will work a long way towards the sugar cravings. It doenst' even have to be "high protein" -- dont' get hung up on these different types of diets. Its just a matter of eating clean, appropriate amount of cals and cycling the ratios to optimally be burned.

Once again - you come through with a great answer! It is the fruit that kills me! I just love it and it throws me into a tail spin! I love the keto diet because after the first day I can not even look at food! The only thing I have confidence in right now is my ability to avoid processed foods and junk foods. I seem to be eatin protein, fruit and veg - probably will never get the weight off but maybe not having one diet will cause everything to even out (?!)

.....keep a check on the type of fats you are consuming on the Keto diet.

It might be worthwhie to track some lipid profiles, especially if you have any family history

Well.....stay away from saturated fat and trans fat choices

I vote you go look at the Shadow Project. Keto diets suck IMO. Its good for maybe a 2 week kick start to a diet or to get rid of some water weight, but generally its not a 'maintenance' diet or even a lifestyle diet. The lack of carbs will make you drop water but it will make you fuzzy in the head as well - that affects your moods, headaches, your ability to concentrate, etc. "Sugar cravings" can get out of hand, but they are not a bad thing and frankly sometimes its just nice to enjoy vs feelign like you've blown your whole life & you're a "bad person" to boot because you ate a damn Hershey's Kiss. A good diet can accommodate any "cheat", even the really bad ones. You may feel crappy & bloated for a day or two while your body processes out the shit, but in a few days you are back at it because on a good diet & training program you've already set up an efficient burn rate & your body runs relatively cleanly because it isn't backed up w/ an excess of shit. Further, fruit is NOT bad. Just in excess it is still a sugar source and doesnt' contribute optimally to a diet w/ a fat loss goal -- but fruit has enzymes & stuff that help in the body's garbage collection process - which is somethign to consider on a restricted (variety wise), higher protein diet.

I'm not fond of them either.

A zero carb diet is useless.

"But what about for fat loss", I hear a cry.

To which I respond, "There is a process in the body called gluconeogenesis, which literally means new sugar formed, in which the body can AND DOES form sugars by cleaving off a Nitrogen group from protein."

So....guess what folks??

You may not be eating carbs- but your body IS converting Nitrogenous sources into them during times of zero carb intake.

Do yourself a favor - do a low carb diet - never ZERO carb.

Shadow and Sassy - once again you are exactly correct! I would love the high protein - fast weight loss solution but it definatley is not a lifestyle for me - I ust do not enoy the food or the acidic feeling in my muscles - not to mention the other side effects. Diet has to fit with life style - I guess the only thing I can say for myself is that alcohol, caffeine, and processed foods are definately out. The macros on the other foods will come. I really enoy vegetables and I can wor some protein in to so hopefully it will come together. I have obsessed for too long but health and physique are a priority so it will come together I am sure - thans again for your help!

Top Bottom