Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Only Bulking

azurelumen

So I work out with my fiance as a hobby only. No shows. After an 8 month hiatus due to a surgery he had (my excuse...uh...aint got one) we are back in the gym. This is the "bulking mode" We have tight schedules so we have to throw our workouts in Tues, Thurs, and Sunday, 2 hours of lifting and 1 hour of cardio.

I decided to do this without hormone help this time. I actually have used NOTHING but protein powder and a good multi-vitamin in my diet, just upped my meals to 6 a day and I eat a tone of protein. I've went from 5'7" 111lbs to 119lbs in two months. I'm super psyched! However. The cutting mode is coming.

Oh. I hate this part. :worried: I get so used to eating like a pig, that I have horrible hunger issues which can lead to binging. I absolutely have to use supplements to get me through it. But I still want to feel as natural as possible about this. I'll up my green tea intake during the day, and possibly yohimburn? I just don't want to invest a million dollars and pop a million pills yet. I want to see how ripped I can get on mostly diet and excercise alone. If I plateau...then I'll look into the pill shmorgousborg again. I have also increased my working out to add 2 mornings of yoga and two lunch-hour runs, on top of the 3 workout evenings. Anyway. I guess since I've never really done it this way...I thought I'd ask for opinions or personal experiences. ? I'm already hungry. Sheesh.

The Shadow said:
5'7" and 119 is borderline painfully thin imo
yeah. I'm a weird one that doesn't fall anywhere on the "charts" I am tall, but very slight boned. In 4th grade, I remember most kids weighin around 60-70 lbs...I was 42. Naturally, I am a curvy skinny girl. Not the sterotypical ectomorph...you cant ever see my six pack. ever. zero muscle mass and strngth. plenty of fat. I once had a body fat test done and they tested me 3 times because at 114lbs, I was 27% body fat. heh. So building and maintaing muscle is the hardest part for me. I take 4 weeks off, it's gone. Terrible. Anyway...dont let the numbers fool you, my avatar is me at my thinnest. I'm much stronger and bigger now. I just cant see my muscles. :(

im 5'6 120 ish. on the thin/lean side.. but not small boned..

but really fitness isint a part time investment and killing yourself on 3 days - Is that right 3 hours 3 days a week= 9 hrs???...

Well long term.. i don't know if you can really stick to this type of exercise plan.. Just my 2 cents

CanadianCutie said:
im 5'6 120 ish. on the thin/lean side.. but not small boned..

but really fitness isint a part time investment and killing yourself on 3 days - Is that right 3 hours 3 days a week= 9 hrs???...

Well long term.. i don't know if you can really stick to this type of exercise plan.. Just my 2 cents

Weeeellll. To be quite honest I just can't lift that much anyway. I do my heaviest weights and my muscles turn to mush. So I lift hard for about an hour, flop around like an exhausted fool for 30 minutes, and fill the time in between major excercises with crunches. ;) As for cardio, I go for a good feeling workout. If it's a good hard run or something with time intervals, I will cut it at 35-40 minutes and stretch for the rest. If I'm tired, then I'll do low intensity on the eliptical and read a magazine, usually 45-60 minutes.

Top Bottom