Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet leading to competition?

chantalyee

[FONT=&quot]I still eat alot of protein...maybe 180 g a day. do most of you cut yout pro down and increase it with carbs? and do you eat bread, fruit and dairy off season? i love cottage cheese and strawberries, but bread kills my belly. just curious how close to contest type eating everyone does...[/FONT]

I don't really do contest dieting as my focus is power lifting. Many here do though, and will likely have good feedback.

I don't eat bread at all. it bloats your belly because bread is super highly processed and a lot of times contains gluten and pesticides which are highly damaging to the gut and inflammatory

dairy i rarely consume for similar reasons. very inflammatory. i've interviewed mr. O winners, and Mr. O competitors and none consume dairy sorry

as far as fruit, this has been debated since the 70's and we have gone full circle with it. we evolved eating fruit, it was the first foods we ate as humans and it is full of fiber and water. so you aren't going to convince me that fruit is bad or fruit will make you fat sorry. the glycogen load on fruit is very low, and also it is super easy for the body to digest. so anyone telling you to avoid fruit i would not trust at all

It is best to eat foods with a high glycemic index during or after exercise (such as glucose, potatoes, bagels, raisins, oatmeal, sugar) and stick to low to medium-high foods before exercise (pasta without sauce) , Chocolate milk, powercars, green beans) yogurt, apples, less ripe bananas), especially if you are eating

Top Bottom