Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet and blood type

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
At first I thought it was a joke, or another marketing scam/hype

But I heard some clever people, people I usualy listen to (among wich Spatts) talk about it

And absence of proof is not proof of absence but failure to analyse

So, do you have any interesting studies, links on this theory ?

There's not a lot out there, and what I do have isn't online, but I will see if I can get it scanned for you. It could be a total load of shit. I just happened to notice that all the people who seem to exist on protein like I do, and crash on carbs, are type O. It could just be the best coincidence ever. lol

spatts there may be something to it, based on acnecdotal evidence. It would be nice if there were some actual research out there, but at this point most scientist are not going to expend grant $$$ to research this. It seems unlikely that protien markers (or lack there of in the case of type O) on red blood cells would greatly impact the effects of micronutrients on the body. However, because there is something of a trend between higher percantages of blood types amoung different races, there may be a correlation between energy/bodyfat etc of different diets based on an ethnic group's eating habits over the last few thousand years. However, I tend to go with meat/green veggie diets if we look at it from a diet history perspective, because until the last few thousand years that was the diet of humans, and really we haven't had time to properly adapt to alot of the foods we eat as sources of food, from an evolutionary perspective. As far as the validity of the blood type diet? At this point, we just don't know. One could try it, see if it works or not, and go on from there.

As I tried to explain to you in another thread, there's a LOT of research being done.

I agree on the meat and veggies. If someone made me meat and a green veggie 8 times a day, I'd eat only that. :)

Good to hear, when they publish some peer reviews I'll DEFINATELY look at them. ALot of new weight loss information has come to light in the last few years since more research has been done on non-conventoinal dieting methods. Its really exciting actually. Scientists are actually testing everything from keto diets to the Zone diet, checking to see how calcium levels and dairy intake impact fat loss etc. Weight loss is now big business, so alot of grant $$$ are going into this area.

i think one of my training partners suscribes to the foods for your blood type stuff. it seems to work for him too, he has leaned up a bit over the last few months. so there is something to it imo.

Liftbig said:
i think one of my training partners suscribes to the foods for your blood type stuff. it seems to work for him too, he has leaned up a bit over the last few months. so there is something to it imo.

In order to take conclusion from personal cases there should be epidemiologic studies on at least 10,000 people just as they are doing with vitamins, antioxidants etc

But neither the pharmaceutical industry nor the food industry would take much benefit from such a link between diet and blood type.....

Well I'm O+ and can eat steak all day and rarely fills me up, soon as I eat some potatoes/pasta or what ever I get full and sleeepppyy.

DBCooper, high GI carbs put me to sleep as well. I'm slightly hypoglycemic though. Are you?

For me Dr. Pepper used to be a perfect sleeping pill.

Top Bottom