Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dedicated newbie looking for input

Oh it was yum Trex, and certainly deserved if I do say so myself!
(But not half as yummy as the chocolate and vanilla swirl cake I munched after the descent haha!)
I like to reward myself too if I have done an extremely taxing run. I did 16 K on Monday, and i had watermelon and some peach coffee cake later that day. lol it was pretty good.

Hey Zed,
Yeah I guess I should get back to the point of this log hey haha!
Took Monday off after Sunday's adventure; Tues back/chest, Wed shoulders, bi/tri this morning.
Just my usual routines and no weight increases to report yet which is a tad disappointing as I feel weights haven't moved up in ages.
But I'm getting the higher end reps out easier on lots of things so I'm thinking it's time to up the weights and maybe just aim for 4-6 reps a set to break the plateau.
What d'ya think bro? If that's a plan I'll start doing that week after next - family holiday next week.
Legs will be tomorrow or Saturday and then off to get muddy in a tent on Sunday,
Hope all's good with you hun,
Em

Hey sista, could you please write out your sets and reps for me? That would be better for me to see what you are actually doing, then maybe we can get you back to adding weight on the bar!:D
Get muddy in a tent....sounds kink sista explain plz...LOL:evil:

Hey guys, I'm back!! Missed you all.
Typical crappy English weather for our family holiday, rain, rain, howling gails, more rain followed by an emergency evacuation when the tent poles started snapping!! Fun and games dealing with that and a 4 and a 2 year old!! At least it was day time and not during the night.
At least I got some good training climbs in whilst we were there.
Very proud of Helvellyn (3rd highest mountain in England) a 4.5 hour route, bagged it in 1 hour 23 up, 1 hour 10 down! woohoo
Feeling a bit more confident for my challenge in 18 days - 40% fail rate this challenge has but BS to that - I'm gonna do this thing!! haha

So straight back to gym training today:
Back/Chest (just listing working sets)

superset x4
BB incline 55lbs x8
Hammer grip row machine 132lbs x8

superset x4
DB flat press 30lbs each DB x8
DB one arm row 53lbs x8

superset x4
DB flat flye 26lbs each DB x8
Lat pull down 99lbs x8

Off to catch up on the boards,
Em

Well hell yorgy dam glad to have you back. Thought maybe you just fell in somewhere..LOL.
Gr8 to have you back smilyeyes!

Hey guys, I'm back!! Missed you all.
Typical crappy English weather for our family holiday, rain, rain, howling gails, more rain followed by an emergency evacuation when the tent poles started snapping!! Fun and games dealing with that and a 4 and a 2 year old!! At least it was day time and not during the night.
At least I got some good training climbs in whilst we were there.
Very proud of Helvellyn (3rd highest mountain in England) a 4.5 hour route, bagged it in 1 hour 23 up, 1 hour 10 down! woohoo
Feeling a bit more confident for my challenge in 18 days - 40% fail rate this challenge has but BS to that - I'm gonna do this thing!! haha

So straight back to gym training today:
Back/Chest (just listing working sets)

superset x4
BB incline 55lbs x8
Hammer grip row machine 132lbs x8

superset x4
DB flat press 30lbs each DB x8
DB one arm row 53lbs x8

superset x4
DB flat flye 26lbs each DB x8
Lat pull down 99lbs x8

Off to catch up on the boards,
Em

Yorky you sound like you had a whale of a time lol. Bless ya!

I see your training really hard nice one!

When you going to put more pics on of your progress can't wait to see them.

Donna x

Hey yorgie keep your cardio going as that will be beneficial to you on your climbs. BTW weight numbers looking pretty darn good there sista!

Donna - gotta wait till end of Sept before I take any more pics - every 2 months and last lost were end July, other wise I know I'll get so disheartened at not seeing changes fast enough.

Zed - thanks bro, I should be pretty pleased with the weights I lift so far I guess, considering there's plenty of guys in my gym using less than me on lots of leg and back stuff! - and if a woman ever picks something up it's a 2lb dumbell!!

So shoulders today

warm up circuit of 1x12 half weight of all the following working sets:

3 sets of 8 for all
upright bb row 33lbs + bar
seated millitary bb press 33lbs + bar
overhead db press 26lbs each, did 4 sets cos I love this and felt I had more in me
front db raise 22lbs each
plate raise 33lbs
lateral db raise 18lbs each
bent over (head on back of bench) rear delt db flye 22lbs each, 5 sets - ditto the above comment

shoulders are shot!!

Em

Hell yes you should be gurl!
You have put in a hell of a lot of work and you should be pretty dam proud of yourself....not to mention those dress sizes you have anhilated!
In the short time that you have been working out your accomplishments are outstanding! No guessing about it smilyeyes!!

Top Bottom