Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Decadron Injection - corticalsteroid - how long in body?

Daisy_Girl

Plat Hero
Platinum
With my ongoing problems, doctor gave me a shot of Decadron (in the tuckus!) to help reduce the swelling in my throat. Any one know how long Decadron is in the body?

Good. So I felt improvement a few hours after the shot (I got the shot at 10am yesterday). So if I understand correctly, there is still some steroid in my body - therefore, should feel even better tomorrow morning?

I hope so. About 5-6 hours after the shot, all the swelling my in throat was gone (first time in about 3 weeks I have not had a sore throat) and my voice was coming back. I still sound like a he-she, but it is improving. Also on antibiotics, so hopefully those will really kick in over the next 24-48 hours.

Thanks for the input and good thoughts. :)

Daisy....

while the half-life is about 40ish hours on average......you MUST look at total mg load as well.

While half may be out of the body in 40 hours, there could very well be a medicinal level in the blood stream for another 24-36 hours.

It's why I try my best to get folks who do long lasting esters to do a heavy front load...its like your case but in reverse.

While "Deca" has a long half life(meaning it takes a while to get into the system) - shooting a high mg load on the front end makes the "medicinal" level build MUCH faster than a regular injection.

To also make it clear to anyone who might be reading this .... Decadron is NOT an anabolic steroid. It is a corticalsteroid - similar in some aspects to Prednisone, but does not retain water like Prednisone does.

Shadow ... I cannot remember the dose. I only got one shot (at the doctor's office). I am hoping it stays in the body for a long time, to keep the inflammation down until the antibiotics kick in good.

So if half is out in 40 hours, there will still be half left in my body - enough of a medicinal level to continue reducing the inflammation? Good.

Dasiy I got put on some strong antibiotics last week for an infection. I hate going on antibiotics cause everytime I do I get a yeast infection the pharmacist told me to take a probiotic with every antibiotic and I finshed the antibiotics without getting a yeast infection just a little tip. :) Hope your 110% soon.

Daisy_Girl said:
Shadow ... I cannot remember the dose. I only got one shot (at the doctor's office). I am hoping it stays in the body for a long time, to keep the inflammation down until the antibiotics kick in good.

So if half is out in 40 hours, there will still be half left in my body - enough of a medicinal level to continue reducing the inflammation? Good.

IF.....the mg dosing was adequate....most likely - yes

Thanks. I wish I could remember the dose, frustrating. :(

Feeling better today ..... less coughing, very little congestion, voice is little better. Damn, this Psuedovent is DRYING and KILLS any appetite I have. Must be the Pseudoepedrine in it .... plus, makes me hot and very awake, lol. Guess there is a lot of it in there. I am afraid to take any T-Rex or caffeine while on this - 1) for the dehydration issue, and 2) I would probably be bouncing off the walls!

Hopefully, I will be back at the gym by this weekend! :) :)

Top Bottom