Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dear Diary... Love, CB

Check in: ok, I did my cardio this morning and had breakfast as planned, but kind of overindulged with my morning snack.

It was supposed to be chicken but I can't look at it right now so I picked up some 98% lean ground bison yesterday. I broiled the patties (burger style) this morning and they stank to high heaven (so foul! I hope my apartment doesn't smell like that when I get home -- I left the window open!), but then I tried one at meal 2 and ended up eating both of them! ;p

I'm a little over-full now, but I'm not going to tear myself a new one over this. Back in the old "calorie counting" days this would have totally derailed my day. Nowadays I recommit to following my plan for the rest of the day (without trying to compensate for it).

This mentality helps me have less frequent "slips" and helps the infractions stay small.

I forgot to mention before too that I almost never (in fact, really never) eat "junk". I think keeping my diet super clean and pushing myself on lifts (not necessarily heavier but good form and not too much rest between sets) allows my body to deal with the occasional couple hundred calories I might get from an extra bison burger.

Oh, and Jennifer... I realized I didn't answer your question about cardio. I do 60 minutes total during the day. I find it most convenient to get it done in the morning but this is not where I would put it if I had more flexibility in my schedule.

I don't lose more weight with more cardio. My "sweet spot" is closer to 20 minutes for weight loss. I'm trying to keep gaining muscle for this comp, though, so the increased cardio is key for this particular cut.

If I were just trying to lose weight I'd cut my food back (I'm probably somewhere around 2200 cal/day with a pretty fast metabolism) and cut the cardio WAY back.

Is this clear as mud?

ok cutie..this is not clear as mud. I LOVE learning this stuff. And this is where I have so much to learn!!! Ok, so did I hear you say that if you wanted to lose weight that you would cut WAY back on cardio? Explain. I mean..I'm confused. I always thought one would do cardio to LOSE the weight? Please tell.

Also when talking about your sweet spot..what do you do for 20 minutes?

Also...I might as well ask so I'm clear. What is the difference between cutting and losing weight?

Based on my pic..do I need to lose weight or cut? How many calories would you suggest for me?

Meal plan sista?! come on with it!! :) LOL!!

I want you to spill every bean that you've got. I mean just drop 'em all on the floor!:Chef:

Check in: ok, I did my cardio this morning and had breakfast as planned, but kind of overindulged with my morning snack.

It was supposed to be chicken but I can't look at it right now so I picked up some 98% lean ground bison yesterday. I broiled the patties (burger style) this morning and they stank to high heaven (so foul! I hope my apartment doesn't smell like that when I get home -- I left the window open!), but then I tried one at meal 2 and ended up eating both of them! ;p

I'm a little over-full now, but I'm not going to tear myself a new one over this. Back in the old "calorie counting" days this would have totally derailed my day. Nowadays I recommit to following my plan for the rest of the day (without trying to compensate for it).

This mentality helps me have less frequent "slips" and helps the infractions stay small.

I forgot to mention before too that I almost never (in fact, really never) eat "junk". I think keeping my diet super clean and pushing myself on lifts (not necessarily heavier but good form and not too much rest between sets) allows my body to deal with the occasional couple hundred calories I might get from an extra bison burger.

Oh, and Jennifer... I realized I didn't answer your question about cardio. I do 60 minutes total during the day. I find it most convenient to get it done in the morning but this is not where I would put it if I had more flexibility in my schedule.

I don't lose more weight with more cardio. My "sweet spot" is closer to 20 minutes for weight loss. I'm trying to keep gaining muscle for this comp, though, so the increased cardio is key for this particular cut.

If I were just trying to lose weight I'd cut my food back (I'm probably somewhere around 2200 cal/day with a pretty fast metabolism) and cut the cardio WAY back.

Is this clear as mud?

Sounds like you're in a great position for this show...not too much weight to drop and lots of time. You know, I'm a lot the same. I get more out of a 20 minute HIIT then I would 60 minutes MISS in terms of metabolism, fat loss etc. I think it's great to have a trainer too for the diet part. I'm confident I could diet myself but having someone else who can work with you and do the bulk of the thinking for you, in prep, is priceless!! I think my last prep I started about 2350 calories/day and finished at about 1600 with 90 mins cardio/ day plus lifting, over a 20 week period.

Great job! You motivate me to get back on a more structured program. :)

D, I dunno what that means but I'm sure I agree ;p

You're a, uh, canny lass yourself ;D

Hop over the pond and come lift with me!

Haha sorry lol that's Geordie ( Geordie been people from north east England ) ,
And thanks chika!!

Lol if only it were a pond I'd be over there like a shot ! I wish I had a training partner like you !!

Sounds like you're in a great position for this show...not too much weight to drop and lots of time. You know, I'm a lot the same. I get more out of a 20 minute HIIT then I would 60 minutes MISS in terms of metabolism, fat loss etc. I think it's great to have a trainer too for the diet part. I'm confident I could diet myself but having someone else who can work with you and do the bulk of the thinking for you, in prep, is priceless!! I think my last prep I started about 2350 calories/day and finished at about 1600 with 90 mins cardio/ day plus lifting, over a 20 week period.

Great job! You motivate me to get back on a more structured program. :)

CG... I'm useless without external structure in most things. Obviously it's good to know when to put it down, but especially for food it gives me so much freedom to not be obsessive about it.

I find in the end it's way less stressful the more I stick to a plan. Sometimes it seems like the details of the plan don't matter nearly as much as just having and sticking to it.

Thanks for all your input, Cali. It's priceless to have the support of someone who's been through it!

Haha sorry lol that's Geordie ( Geordie been people from north east England ) ,
And thanks chika!!

Lol if only it were a pond I'd be over there like a shot ! I wish I had a training partner like you !!

You DO have me, silly! :D

ok cutie..this is not clear as mud. I LOVE learning this stuff. And this is where I have so much to learn!!! Ok, so did I hear you say that if you wanted to lose weight that you would cut WAY back on cardio? Explain. I mean..I'm confused. I always thought one would do cardio to LOSE the weight? Please tell.

Also...I might as well ask so I'm clear. What is the difference between cutting and losing weight?

Based on my pic..do I need to lose weight or cut? How many calories would you suggest for me?

I want you to spill every bean that you've got. I mean just drop 'em all on the floor!:Chef:

Im on to you sweettea. You askin a lot of questions about cutting and loosing fat up in here gurl.......just dont go psycho on me.
Its ok for knowledge but these activities are not for you right now!
Do me a favor and picture you bigger in your mind. Get used to that look for you.

Im on to you sweettea. You askin a lot of questions about cutting and loosing fat up in here gurl.......just dont go psycho on me.
Its ok for knowledge but these activities are not for you right now!
Do me a favor and picture you bigger in your mind. Get used to that look for you.

Lol... Thanks, Zed! Keep an eye on this chica!

This is why I don't post food specifics. It's so different for everyone. Gotta get to know your own body, what works for you and even that changes month to month, year to year, etc.

Lifting back. Used to be my least favorite day but it gets my "most improved body part" award for the second half of 2011 ;p

Love it!!!

Lat pulldowns: 3x15
Single arm dumbbell rows: 3x10
Underhand barbell rows: 3x10
Underhand pulldowns: 3x15
Stiff arm pulldowns, light wt to failure

Jennifer, darling....

You make me smile. I am happy to answer any questions about my program or offer support but you have a great coach in Zed, and a program tailored to your own body.

Don't ever let anyone tell you to lose weight (unless it's some medical reason and it is your doctor). I can hardly see your avatar picture and I have no idea what your goals are -- am I really the right person for that decision?

To answer your question about the cardio... Again, really different for different people. It has to do with cortisol, growth hormone, changes in appetite, etc. If what you want is muscle gain and fat loss focus, on your lifts. This will get your endogenous growth hormone pumping!

Go girl!

Top Bottom