Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dear Diary... Love, CB

Gm, Chicklettes!!!!

I could NOT get myself going this morning (stayed up too late!) and was moving through molasses going through my morning pre-gym routine. TG4espresso.

Also, someone stole my laundry detergent from the laundry room in my building along with some clothes it will take me weeks to identify. Merry Christmas, thief! I hope your (my?) laundry came out smelling fresh!

So it slowed me down, but it takes more than that to stop this train....

And WAY more than that to shut me up ;p

This morning I'm thinking about the whole "New Year's Resolution" concept. It's not something in which I usually participate because I, like many of you, am regularly reassessing and making efforts to improve. Definitely less than perfect... For example I need to continue to work on my patience and could spend less money. These are ongoing developments for me, though. Questing to be a better human. Word.

What I'm musing on this morning are the words of St. Augustine (yeah, really), who I will likely misquote here as saying,

"Complete abstinence is often easier than perfect moderation."

Wha? Now I'm sure you have all read the (very good, IMHO) advice that depriving yourself only sets you up for future overindulgence. Some of the best advice I ever got/used about getting through the seemingly endless string of holiday meals was to not change my regular eating plan, to have regular meals and then when the time came sit down to "the meal" less ravenous than I would be had I fasted.

This is all well and good, but there are those foods, at least there are for me, that cannot be consumed in moderation and are better off left untouched. I have learned this from trying to "engage" with them repeatedly over a long and mixed dieting history. These select foods have made it to a more permanent black list.

I am not talking about the obvious sugar and flour laden baked goods or the salty-fatty stuff. This problem affects many "clean" eaters. Overindulgence of even the "cleanest" foods will sideline results. I know for one workout friend it's grapes (probably the sugar spikes her insulin too much?), and that a lot of clean eaters struggle with nuts.

Got something like this? A food nemesis? Maybe it makes sense to take it off your plate entirely (for now)....

This can be overboard and I'm not talking about becoming orthorexic/anorexic. If you struggle with one of these issues this advice probably isn't for you (my heart goes out to you, though, and I pray daily for those who haven't yet broken through).

A good litmus test for whether you might have a food like this is writing about/thinking extensively about how your average interaction with this food goes. Not just the one time you kept true to your promise and had "just one", but your overall score sheet. Lifetime outings record. If you find you're not winning the match the vast majority of the time and you're having trouble breaking some kind of results boundary, you may try the whole abstinence thing out.

Which brings me to New Year's Resolutions... Why wait? Start today!

The best predictor, so they say, of future behavior is current behavior. In the words of Russel Crowe's character (knees weak) in the Gladiator (Maximus? But I don't know if this is historical),

"What we do in this life echoes in eternity."

Wanna hear a good echo in a few months? Make the right noise now!

Happy Friday!
Merry Christmas!

Gratefully yours,
C

Just re-read my post and it sounds a little preachy....

Take everything I write during cardio with a huge dose of salt. Those endorphins make me loopy!

Wow Cutey I just read your post bout been grateful for us lot on EF. Girl you have a great way with words very educated . I would never be able to put things to words like that lol,
I think your an inspiration in more than one way your fabulous chic!

Thanks so much for been the perfect training buddy.

Just re-read my post and it sounds a little preachy....

Take everything I write during cardio with a huge dose of salt. Those endorphins make me loopy!

I think your post kicked ass. Well except the Russell crowe part. He was small. Lmao.

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

Dang gurl!
When I do my MetCons all I can manage to process is " Im too young to die"
You are an insperation.

Romans must of lol building forts and castles with no diggers or machinery lol.

I'm just here for pics but don't have time to go through the thread so a link would be nice kthnxbye

Cutie...your posts are inspirational as always!! So glad your endorphins kick in while your doin cardio!!
Keep them coming!! Love readin them. Thanks for the inspiration chic!!

Top Bottom