Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dealing with pregnancy cravings

emmab

I am not having cravings per se, but strange likes and dislikes. I cannot face veges (usually a vegeholic!!!) and only feel like carb foods ie toast, cereal, soup none of which I usually touch. Any tips on how to cope with this, as I really want to get into a 10/50/40 type intake (C/P/F) as advised on this board. Or is this not a good ratio for pregnancy?

Cravings.....

Hiya,

I maybe totally wrong and naieve here my friend, but ask your Doc. if you can take Chromium Picolinate to reg. your Blood Sugar and calm the cravings down.

Just a suggestion, although, as I said I don't know if you can take it while preggy.

S.;)

I don't think that limiting your diet to 10% carbs while you're pregnant is a good plan.

After all, it was suggested to you by some guy on the Diet board who didn't know you are expecting a baby!

If your body is craving something, I think it's a good idea to listen to it, and go with what it seems to want. YOu don't need to pig out on doughnuts, but certainly oatmeal is good for you. Soup is good food, like the ad would say.

When you're pregnant, you want a well balanced diet--your body and the developing baby need everything.
Have you spoken with your Dr. or Mid-wife about this?

Last edited:
Ya gotta eat while you're preggo....give into the cravings, within reason....eat eat and eat if you feel you want to.....actually, I'm concerned about you, emmab, and your pregnancy....asking bout stomach exercises and now only 10% carbs while preggo???
I dunno.....

Girl you are pregnant!! Do not worry about ratios of any kind..you need to eat a healthy well balanced diet. Nutrition is very important when you are pregnant!! You need carbs!! You dont have to eat all the junk....eat wholesome good for you foods, tons of veggies, meats, oatmeal, fruits etc etc. You can give into those cravings once in a while...you should not be starving yourself of carbs anyway or even limiting them right now. You are not dieting for a show or to get shredded you are having a baby....talk to your doctor about diet tips and make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins! I ate like crazy wen I was pregnant and just walked and did little exercises along the way. Everything you put into your mouth is going to your baby as well......dont skimp out on foods now!

I don't get much of a chance to visit the boards these days...but I COULD NOT LET THIS POST GO!

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! Eating a clean well balanced diet is not the same as dieting for a show!!!! Why on earth are you so concerned with ratios and such? What you should be concerned with is eating all of the good clean food that your little heart...and that baby's heart desires!

Did you read my reply to your post about ab excersizes in pregnancy?......I am not getting on your case, OK maybe a little....but this is REALLY IMPORTANT! 40 weeks gestation is but a blip on the screen when you compare it to THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

Believe me, I understand that you want to try to maintain some sort of "healthy shape" while pregnant....but guess what? YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO! Does that mean it has to be 50 pounds? NO! But even if you did, NOT THAT I AM RECOMMENDING THIS, AT ALL ......SO WHAT?! Will it be the end of the world? Will it be physically devastating to either you or the baby? NO!!!!! What WILL be devastating is if you deprive yourself and the baby of vital nutrition during this VERY CRITICAL TIME FOR BOTH OF YOU!

Talk to your doctor/midwife and get some sound advice. It is one thing to keep yourself from eating to oblivion during this time in your life (and if you do, oh well)......but quite another to "diet" - DON'T DO IT - EAT WELL AND BE HAPPY.....enjoy this short period of time in your life. It will be over before you know it.

Please rethink your current approach to all of this.

Are you freaking out because you are gaining alot of weight? I gained 80 pounds with each of my kids and I really didn't eat everything in sight, it was as if my metabolism just shut down. I had two very healthy babies and the weight came back off fairly quickly as I breastfed both of them. There is nothing that will literally suck the fat off of you like breastfeeding. I also think that if you are craving something while pregnant then the baby is needing whatever you are craving as long as it isn't junk food. Please don't diet or train hard during this time as it really can hurt you and your baby.

I gained about 60 pounds with each of my kids--both were over 9 pounds. I nursed (and not until they were school-age, either) and the weight came off. Admittedly I ate like a horse, enjoyed every bite of it, and they were wonderfully healthy, high-Apgar little bundles. You don't have to pig out like I did, but as bikinimom said, it's a tiny part of your life, enjoy it, indulge yourself, and relax.

I gained 50 lbs with my daughter, and I ended up at a lighter weight after I had her and finished nursing a year. Pre-preg, I was 115 lbs; post-preg, I was 108. (The breastfeeding helped to burn off some of those permanent estrogenic fat stores in the hip and thigh area.)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that you are carrying another life inside of you. This is an important time for the development of that life, so be as healthy as you can in your decisions about food and lifestyle. The weight will come off, trust me. I too freaked out when I gained the weight, but I don't regret it and would do it again if it means that my child will be healthy.

Top Bottom