Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Dave Draper tuna and water diet

jlopau

I would like to try it out, some people told me you can go catabolic state if you do it for too long, and at the end of the day some have told me this diet will give you more problems than benefits.
If any of you guys are familiar with this diet, I want ask you is this a long term weight loss diet?

I am pretty open minded for the most part but that diet plan is absolutely stupid. It will do more harm then good. Eating nothing but tuna is asking for a nutrient deficiency.

The best diet program to loose fat while holding onto all your muscle is carb cycling -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/carb-cycling-exposed-trevor-44776.html

In the above link I explain how to set up a carb cycling diet for fat loss and have a full sample meal plan included.

I've known people who did this for 3-4 days. Only tuna and water. Like 15-17 cans and then 2 gallons of water. Pretty crazy if you ask me. Although they did report several pounds down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks more like a cleanse, which helps to clean out your digestive system and in the end you weight less. But its not fat that you are losing, so that weight will come back up immediatelly.

You should never the "only" diets - restricting your diet to just one or two products is never a good idea, since you would be losing so many nutrients and vitamins, that there will be more harm done to your health rather than good. Tuna is indeed a good food to include as your clean protein sources, but you should definitely not limit your diet to just this product.

Consider better the carb cycling approach - http://www.evolutionary.org/cycling-carbohydrates

It is a much healthier and effective way of dieting. It is not restrictive - you can basically eat whatever you want to. So it is very healthy in terms of nutrients, and it is very easy to follow. Yet, it is very effective, and it is very flexible, so you can adapt it to your needs and routine.

I have seen a bunch of people run this diet on another forum with amazing success.......if you are mentally strong enough to get through the 3 days! Now, I would never do it but can see how it would work for that short period of time. I look at it as more of a mental exercise. If you can get through that you can get through any other diet.

Top Bottom