Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dandelion root

lyndzyaRunner

I've been experiencing horrible bloating and constipation lately, I've upped my water intake and even did the olive oil thing, but nothing is really working
I was going to pick up some dandelion root, each pill contains 500mg.. does anyone know how much I should take?

What about fiber intake? How is that? A fiber intake too high or too low can cause constipation.

Dandelion will be good for water retention, but might not help constipation.

Things that can help constipation....coffee, especially if you don't normally drink it. Have a cup of strong brewed coffee and it'll help within the hour. :)

You upped your water intake...to how much? If you are working out regularly and/or take thermogenics, then you might need even MORE water than "normal". How much are to drinking each day?

I usually drink around 4 L of water a day, i've lowered the amount of caffeine i'm drinking down to nothing b/c i've been taking T-rex, as for fiber intake I have fiber cereal in the morning with 12g of Fiber, then 1 C of spinach at lunch and then a salad, green beans or broccolli with dinner, with lunch today i'm going to add a yam in to increase the fiber a bit. I also had Natty PB last night which usually clears things up.. but so far no good... going to try the coffee this morning, hopefully today will be better! How does the amount of water sound?
thanks!!

4L is about 1 gallon...if you are taking TRex it might not be enough. Normally, 1 gallon is enough, but if you add in thermogenics (especially TRex which can REALLY dehydrate you) then you might need MORE water. I would add another liter for a couple days, see what happens.

Hopefully, coffee will do it. :)

Thanks Daisy, tried the coffee worked pretty good, one other thing though, i've been having this pain sometimes in my stomach, its like this huge knot, first i thought it was hunger, but eating really doesnt make it go away. I was thinking it might have to do in my increase in protein intake but I'm not quite sure. Any ideas?

Lyndzy - are you eating lots of broccoli? Sometimes that can start turning on you as good green leafy carb source. Sometimes going for a light fiber mix can help if the problem continues. If you've cut certain things out of your diet you may have an increased sensitivity to things - for example as I cut out all dairy from my diet, I started having zero tolerance for anything dairy. Broccoli definitely was not my friend for a while. I dont' have much luck with brown (or any) rice any more either. For a while I had lost tolerance for oatmeal, but I'm ok with it now.

I have been eating a lot of broccolli lately, that and spinach, the coffee worked pretty well, but i dont want to drink that everyday, I might try a low carb granola I've found, it has about 25g fiber per serving
and i'm trying to up the water to over a gallon a day, I dont think a gallon and a half will be too much
Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom