Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Daisy Girl!!!

...and don't feel weird about not having attendants! There are no set rules but they say the general guideline is 1 attendant per 50 guests. You have less than that so none are necessary! ;)

Hi ladies,

Sounds like the 2 of are going to have beauitful weddings, congratulations to you both.

I'm going to a wedding on October 16th, it's my boyfriend's cousin's wedding, and Raina she has the same bridemaids dresses as you, same color too.

bridesmaids dresses.....I'm been tapped to be a bridesmaid AGAIN on Nov 20. I'm not paying $537 for another a dress I'll wear once.

Daisy, it sounds like you guys are planning exactly the same kind of wedding I want...small and intimate. Does the outside thing scare you much? That's what I want too, but the weather issue makes me nervous. (no I'm not getting married anytime forseeable, just fantasizing :))

RW - no weather doesn't scare me at all. Remember, I am in Las Vegas. It is sunny 360 days of the year. :) Weather is generally in the 80s during the day in late Oct, and in the 60s at night. ANd sunny, of course.

Granted, with that attitude of mine, now it will rain. lol

R - BEAUTIFUL dress. I feel the same way about my veil. I can't find pics of it! It is Ivory, with cystals in it, and edged in gold. Dress is Ivory, as are shoes. Detailing on dress is gold-ish. We were getting ready to go shopping the other weekend and I came out of the bedroom with my tiara on....he just looked at me and rolled his eyes. ;)

I like the no bridal party idea...half the time it ends up being the biggest headache and causes so many unnecessary arguments. You don't seem like the type who would become psycho nazi bride and try to run her bridesmaids' lives for a few months, but still...(I speak from bad bridesmaid experience).

I paid for all my bridesmaid dresses. It was $800 but oh well. They'll look lovely...and the dresses are so pretty in person I really wish I could have one. It was all drama free. I brought my sister in to try on dresses (of course making her try on EVERY one including all the frilly girly pink things I could find to piss her off) and I picked the dress. I'm REALLY excited that I have one friend driving from IL to be in it and another flying in from Canada to be in it. I cannot wait to spend the day before with girlfriends.

It's much easier to wear the tiaras than the dresses! I'd be scared of getting something on it. The dress I picked was my 2nd choice. The one I wanted was 3 times more than what we budgeted for it. The gold on your gown sounds lovely! My tiara is gold wire hand-twisted into floral patterns with white crystals and the veil has clusters of 3 of the same crystals on it. I figured the veil could sparkle since the dress doesn't.

I haven't been a bridezilla. It's actually been pretty fun to plan because I didn't have an image set in my mind of how it was going to be. I just picked out what I liked whether it was traditional or not. Instead of a dj we're having a guy sing live and everything is all rat pack music. I wanted something simple and adult with people I love and food I adore. lol I want it all to just be a mellow night.

A few weeks ago I was temporarily worked up about things and told J that I just wanted everything to be perfect. He told me that it wouldn't be perfect and as long as I knew that and could make the best of whatever happens, it'll be a great day.

Daisy_Girl said:
RW - no weather doesn't scare me at all. Remember, I am in Las Vegas. It is sunny 360 days of the year. :) Weather is generally in the 80s during the day in late Oct, and in the 60s at night. ANd sunny, of course.

Granted, with that attitude of mine, now it will rain. lol

(lol....took me a minute to realize I was RW)

No ma'am I didnt know your location. I guess I overlooked that. Wow, you live in Vegas, that's pretty cool. :D

Sorry for assuming...I thought you knew. :) Yup, live in LV. Rarely rains or is cloudy here. It is still in the mid-upper 90s ED. IF it rains here it is usually about 10 min then it is sunny again - usually just a light drizzle too. The mountains surrounding Vegas seem to do a good job stopping any weather patterns from entering the Valley, lol.

Daisy_Girl said:
Sorry for assuming...I thought you knew. :) Yup, live in LV. Rarely rains or is cloudy here. It is still in the mid-upper 90s ED. IF it rains here it is usually about 10 min then it is sunny again - usually just a light drizzle too. The mountains surrounding Vegas seem to do a good job stopping any weather patterns from entering the Valley, lol.

Sounds like where I was born in Mexico (Chihuahua) and where we lived in Phoenix when we first moved to the US. I love the desert. I think Vegas would be cool cause you've got all the entertainment of a big city, plus the desert beauty is a short drive out of the limit.

Are you a desert native or a transplant? (and sorry if I'm jacking your thread)

Transplant. Moved here 3 years ago. I am originally from the East Coast - NC/VA/MD. :) I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the West Coast. LV is cool - we rarely go to the Strip - other than nice dinners and shopping. But the option is there, which is very nice.

My Honey and I are thinking about where we would live after LV - we have considered Phoenix. Property is low there, plus weather is similar to here. I love heat, I love sunshine. I hate cold, hate snow and hate rain. BUT, we are still considering moving back to NC (I am from there, he is not). I would like my kids to grow up with actual seasons! lol

Top Bottom