Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cycling var

figurechamp

I might have screwed up. Decided to compete in may 2012. Tightened up diet, going crazy with lifting. Started a var cycle on may 28, prior to when I'd made the decision to compete. Planning on finishing out this 12 week cycle I'm on. Have made significant gains-- strengthwise and muscularly.

But what do I do next after this 12 weeks? I thought it'd be best to clean out but I'm afraid that a proper 12 week clean out will break down too much muscle as I go into my competition diet in January.

So should I skip the clean out and continue use? Or do a shortened clean out? Or do a full clean out and not worry about losses. I'm only taking 5mg/day, no sides. No intentions of increasing dosage, in fact if I cycle off, i will be tapering that dosage down.

Thank you!

I'd do a full 12 weeks off. If you keep your protein high and your lifting heavy, you shouldn't have too many noticable losses at 5mg/ day. Some of the other women might have ideas on PCT to help maintain as well. I think need2's bridge is a good one. The biggest challenge will be in your head...staying patient and not playing that psychological game with yourself coming off :)

I might have screwed up. Decided to compete in may 2012. Tightened up diet, going crazy with lifting. Started a var cycle on may 28, prior to when I'd made the decision to compete. Planning on finishing out this 12 week cycle I'm on. Have made significant gains-- strengthwise and muscularly.

But what do I do next after this 12 weeks? I thought it'd be best to clean out but I'm afraid that a proper 12 week clean out will break down too much muscle as I go into my competition diet in January.

So should I skip the clean out and continue use? Or do a shortened clean out? Or do a full clean out and not worry about losses. I'm only taking 5mg/day, no sides. No intentions of increasing dosage, in fact if I cycle off, i will be tapering that dosage down.

Thank you!

I'd maintain with an AM only dose. This will represent the least possible amount of interference with your hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis. Pop the pill the moment you wake up. You can also support natural T production (in the ovaries at least) with zinc gluconate/glycinate. 150mg midday and another 150mg at bedtime. Zinc has more profound effects on T production in men, but it does work with us too. I think the difference is only about half of our T is being made in our gonads, with the other half coming from our adrenals. In men it's more like 90% in the nads.

Thank u! I also hopped over to everycurve's post. She asked some of the same things I was curious about! I'm so glad this board is here! The only gear users I know are men, so it's hard to get good info even if they mean well. This board has been soooo helpful! I'll pick up some zinc this weekend at start tapering down then I'll do the full 12 week clean out. Thanks!!!

Thank u! I also hopped over to everycurve's post. She asked some of the same things I was curious about! I'm so glad this board is here! The only gear users I know are men, so it's hard to get good info even if they mean well. This board has been soooo helpful! I'll pick up some zinc this weekend at start tapering down then I'll do the full 12 week clean out. Thanks!!!

but make sure you stay on that AM only dose for several weeks at least so hopefully you won't lose any LBM. Personally I will not sacrifice any at this point.

Two weeks ago I was 168 and 15.91% coming off a cycle (142lbs LBM) and am looking at FBB comp perhaps in the fall. I've decided I'm going to stay on some kind of hormonal support to make sure I don't lose any of that muscle. We worked too hard for that you know.

An update... Still on the taper down side of my var cycle and have incorporated the zinc. Staying really conscious of my protein intake, making sure it stays high. I'm down to 2.5 mg var once a day and 300 total mg zinc. Haven't lost any strength or size! I've got about a week to go before I'm completely off the var. We'll see how things go then!

Hey FC... I don't think I lost any mass when I stopped my cycle. I have been lifting just as hard and careful with my diet but I definitely haven't lost strength or muscle, I don't think. Maybe the only thing I noticed early on after stopping was that it felt harder/took more effort, but that might have been psychological and went away with time.

RW is more of an expert than myself but that's my personal experience.

C

Hey FC... I don't think I lost any mass when I stopped my cycle. I have been lifting just as hard and careful with my diet but I definitely haven't lost strength or muscle, I don't think. Maybe the only thing I noticed early on after stopping was that it felt harder/took more effort, but that might have been psychological and went away with time.

RW is more of an expert than myself but that's my personal experience.

C

My experiences have been pretty similar to Cutie's. My issues were far more psychological because going off, I retained water, didn't look as hard and didn't feel like a super hero. :)Keeping the diet tight is really important too.

Top Bottom