Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting to get rid of cellulite?

wlmcrae

Hi ladies,

Does cutting get rid of cellulite? How low (BF%) do you have to go to see the change?

Also, does the cellulite STAY off, or does it come back when you go back up to 'normal' leanness? (I'm making the assumption that you have to get to contest leanness before the cellulite comes off here.)

If none of the above actually helps with cellulite, WHAT DOES!?! :worried:

Weight training helps with cellulite. Staying hydrated can help (keeps the skin "plump"). Using those cellulite creams can help TEMPORARILY, not forever.

Cellulite is nothing "special" - it is just fat "poking through" loose connective tissue. (put simply) So if you reduce fat, then usually you reduce cellulite. Amount of cellulite is genstics, mostly. Some really lean or really skinny women have it. There is no guarantee that once you get to a certain BF%, you will have no cellulite. Just like there is no guarantee that you will be free of it forever. If fat goes up, it is likely the cellulite will go up too.

But, simply said, if you reduce your amount of fat, chances are, you will reduce your amount of cellulite.

I think diet has a lot to do with cellulite as well.

There is this fantastic book by Dr. Murad, the cellulite solution, and he outlines a number of supplements and foods that help with cellulite.

From what I have read, I can surmise that an anti-cellulite diet is exactly like a anti-cancer, anti-heart disease diet.

Basically, eliminate these foods from your diet:

White flour
Sugar
Alcohol
Coffee
Carbonated Beverages
Fried foods and all BAD fats (hydrogenated-trans)

ADD into your diet-specifically mentioned by Dr. Murad)

WATER (as mentioned)
Goji berries
Pomegranate
Lecithin (in egg yolks)
Glucosamine
Essential fatty acids
Amino Acids (more good protein sources)
Anti-oxidants
Polyphenols
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
B vitamins
ALA-alpha linoleic acid
GLA-gamma linoleic acid

In a nutshell, it is eat really healthy, loads of fruit and veggies, protein and whole grains

x
x
x

T

Oh yes, dry brushing the skin and then application of coffee grounds (super model trick)

x
x
x

T

tatyana_zadorozny said:
Oh yes, dry brushing the skin and then application of coffee grounds (super model trick)

x
x
x

T
This is interesting..........Is this done to exfoliate? What kind of brush is used and what do the coffee grounds do?

que_66 said:
This is interesting..........Is this done to exfoliate? What kind of brush is used and what do the coffee grounds do?

Coffee grounds = caffeine = tightening skin TEMPORARILY

As far as dry brushing, probably brings blood flow to the area, plumping it up and making it "swell" to reduce bumpiness. TEMPORARY.

As for a "special diet" ..... looks like the foods that help "reduce cellulite" are healthy, clean foods and a lot of water. LOL - ain't rocket science. Reduce body fat, stay hydrated .... isn't that what *I* said ... and I am no MD.

Daisy_Girl said:
Coffee grounds = caffeine = tightening skin TEMPORARILY

As far as dry brushing, probably brings blood flow to the area, plumping it up and making it "swell" to reduce bumpiness. TEMPORARY.

As for a "special diet" ..... looks like the foods that help "reduce cellulite" are healthy, clean foods and a lot of water. LOL - ain't rocket science. Reduce body fat, stay hydrated .... isn't that what *I* said ... and I am no MD.
Thank you DG!

Top Bottom