Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To crunch or not to crunch???

Ok so I'm feeling short bus slow for a moment..so maybe let's help me out. I tried doing the hanging leg raises and can only do a few that are worth a crap. Is bent leg lifts an alternative until I can be man enough to do straight legs?

Also what do you do with the Swedish ball?

Start off with straight legs and then go to bent when you can't do them straight. You will build up reps quick.

I do crunches on the ball. My lower back and butt are on the top. I lean all the way back so that it almost launches me across the gym (if you are wondering... it has many times. Including infront of good looking women). I try to get my upper body as close to the floor as possible. When you feel like you are about to lose control that is the spot. You hit everything and get a sick stretch. Then crunch and start over.

Slat, are you doing the hanging leg raises from pull-up position or from a captain's chair?

I find it hard not to swing from pull-up position! You think that's mostly shoulder rotator strength?

Ok so I'm feeling short bus slow for a moment..so maybe let's help me out. I tried doing the hanging leg raises and can only do a few that are worth a crap. Is bent leg lifts an alternative until I can be man enough to do straight legs?

Also what do you do with the Swedish ball?

PS Jen, I'm so glad you asked about the "Swedish ball" because I would've been doing Russian twists with a medicine ball -- I just assumed Slat had the countries mixed up and was eating "Russian Fish" on cheat day ;)

Slat, are you doing the hanging leg raises from pull-up position or from a captain's chair?

I find it hard not to swing from pull-up position! You think that's mostly shoulder rotator strength?

I do both. I am trying to build back up by hanging and the machine one is too short for me. I love the hanging ones because they kick my ass trying to be stable.

PS Jen, I'm so glad you asked about the "Swedish ball" because I would've been doing Russian twists with a medicine ball -- I just assumed Slat had the countries mixed up and was eating "Russian Fish" on cheat day ;)

Lol!! Too funny! Yeah I even had to google a Swedish ball. I've just always called them 'the ball'.

Start off with straight legs and then go to bent when you can't do them straight. You will build up reps quick.

I do crunches on the ball. My lower back and butt are on the top. I lean all the way back so that it almost launches me across the gym (if you are wondering... it has many times. Including infront of good looking women). I try to get my upper body as close to the floor as possible. When you feel like you are about to lose control that is the spot. You hit everything and get a sick stretch. Then crunch and start over.

You might should post a video of this.
I can see myself easily taking out half the gym attempting this.

You might should post a video of this.
I can see myself easily taking out half the gym attempting this.

I almost kicked some lady in leg warmers across the gym when she stepped infront of me one day. She was real old and dancing too :worried:

Top Bottom