Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critiquing my diet

pretty4q

Hey there guys I was just wanting to show you my current diet plan. I wanted to make sure it was good for my goals and if you have any advice to add please do!

Goals: fat loss and toning

Current Weight: 53kg
Height: 5’3ft

7am Breakfast:
1 egg on two slices of low GI rye toast
OR 1 small bowl of cooked oats with one tsp brown sugar
OR 2 slices of low GI rye toast with either peanut butter or baked beans

10am Snack:
1 piece fruit (usually an apple) and a fat free yoghurt

1pm Lunch:
USN diet fuel shake (meal replacement) and another piece of fruit - usually an orange.
(I work an 8-5 job 20min from home so I struggle making lunches so shakes make life a lot easier)

3:30pm snack:
1 carrot and a small handful of nuts

7pm Dinner (post workout):
protein (red meat / chicken / fish) with veg and small amount of carbs (brown rice/whole-wheat pasta/wrap/sweet potato etc) - I don’t have the carbs every night.

swap out the meal replacement shake for a salad instead.

assuming your portions are small it is a fine diet for your goals.. at your weight you need to be eating under 1900 calories a day assuming you are exercising daily and under 1600 otherwise..

it is very easy to hit that on a high fat/carb diet you have here so watch portion sizes

With your goal of fat loss, you just want to ensure you are in a deficit every single day. Your food choices overall are decent but it will come down to total calories. I would recommend tracking calories with an app like myfitnesspal so you can ensure you are eating the right amount. I would shoot for 300-500 calories below maintenance every day.

Overall it looks really good but I personally would swap out the bread, whole wheat pasta and dairy for other options.

Wheat, soy and dairy are very inflammatory in the body. There are much better food options.

Instead of bread - try sweet potato or quinoa
Instead of yogurt, you could have a can of tuna
Instead of whole wheat pasta - brown rice or lentil pasta

Top Bottom