Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Counting calories? Macros?

OH it is the hardest dang thing for me to do lol.....I use fit day or Prevention.com to log them. I try to eat protein in the am and at night just to try to get the protien higher..I count cals and macros..cals are the monst important for me because after a long run I don't feel like eating at all ...so I need to get them up there for recovery

A little bit of both...the most important thing to me is making sure I get some decent post workout carbs and protein and getting some good fats in throughout the day while keeping my calories in check.

What do you think of the notion of NOT counting calories? I was listening to a podcast with Tosca Reno and she says "counting calories is a myth".
I am not saying I support that idea at all....but what are your thoughts on it?

Mo'Muscles said:
What do you think of the notion of NOT counting calories? I was listening to a podcast with Tosca Reno and she says "counting calories is a myth".
I think you can only get so far before you have to. I mean if you just wanted to live more healthy and be in a little better shape. Then maybe you can get away with not counting at all.

A lot of times people say things they know every one wants to hear ie "counting cals is a myth" O come on your kidding right? Maybe for the reg old Joe it is. counting cals is a tool used to reach a goal. If you have a goal you can reach it better knowing what you are putting in your body and how your body reacts to it. Counting cals and keeping a log helps you learn from your body and what it needs. With out it you are just fumbling around in the dark hoping you get to were you are going by luck. You might be able to walk from one side of a room to the next in the dark, but If I placed a penny on the floor could you find it and pick it up?

You might be able to get in a little better shape, be a bit more healthy by just eating better. Can you get the exact weight shape and look you want though? I guess thats all up to you. How great do you want to be? how far do you want to go? Do you want to be a little better,a lot better or the best that you can be?

Mo'Muscles said:

Ive done it.

It can work.....but its not as easy. You cannot be an emotional eater.

I'd say that if you laid out a plan for youself say.......

m1 = one serv carb one serv protein

m2 = one serv protein one serv fat

m3 = one serv protein ; one serv vege and one serv carb

m4 = pow

m5 = one serv protein ; one serv carb

it MIGHT work. But you still must measure and weigh until you get an idea of serv size.

Also if you just ate when you were hungry and stopped when full...keeping each meal super clean......would work too

however....I think most of us have some sort of emotional attachment to food, its impossible to seperate food from pleasure for most of us. As no one should feel guilty for that. Food is one of the few pleasures we have in this life. No need to self deny ALL THE TIME.

needtogetaas said:
A lot of times people say things they know every one wants to hear ie "counting cals is a myth" O come on your kidding right? Maybe for the reg old Joe it is. counting cals is a tool used to reach a goal. If you have a goal you can reach it better knowing what you are putting in your body and how your body reacts to it. Counting cals and keeping a log helps you learn from your body and what it needs. With out it you are just fumbling around in the dark hoping you get to were you are going by luck. You might be able to walk from one side of a room to the next in the dark, but If I placed a penny on the floor could you find it and pick it up?

I like the penny analogy a lot actually!

I think a lot of people argue semantics with it. I can measure my foods and hit my macros I need and subsequently be hitting my calorie demands as well.

cindylou said:
I'd say that if you laid out a plan for youself say.......

m1 = one serv carb one serv protein

m2 = one serv protein one serv fat

m3 = one serv protein ; one serv vege and one serv carb

m4 = pow

m5 = one serv protein ; one serv carb

it MIGHT work. But you still must measure and weigh until you get an idea of serv size.

Also if you just ate when you were hungry and stopped when full...keeping each meal super clean......would work too

however....I think most of us have some sort of emotional attachment to food, its impossible to seperate food from pleasure for most of us. As no one should feel guilty for that. Food is one of the few pleasures we have in this life. No need to self deny ALL THE TIME.
Very true.

cindylou said:
Ive done it.

It can work.....but its not as easy. You cannot be an emotional eater.

and she wrote the book for women...how many women ARE in fact emotional eaters? I use to be....now I just kick small animals.

Top Bottom