x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Countdown to Competition Log......

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Countdown to Competition Log...... within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: So I finally got everything together. My show is in April and I am starting my diet 13 weeks out. I'm 5'4" tall. I had the hydrostatic bf done and I am at 24% (higher than expected) Due to that, my trainers are having me start at 13 weeks. My weight is 151lbs (which is also high). It turned out that my sickness over winter break caused me to lose some muscle and gain some fat. I will have the hydrostatic weighing done every 3 weeks and posing practice 1xweek. My diet is as follows(example):

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    Aries13

Re: Countdown to Competition Log......

Quote Quote posted by iceprincess
    Looking forward to seeing your Pics!! You're doing great!

As far as the sleeping goes...seriously try some ZMA. It will not only help you recover from your workouts but it will also help you wind down and relax at night. I take two of those a night, and I am out!

Hey girl....I will try that!!!! I just researched it and it sounds great. Thanks a loT!!! I will see how it goes and Ill let you know...however the only question I have is will it possibly make it harder for me to wake up really early?

Aries13

Quote Quote posted by lildaisy
    Hi Aries!
    Question...are you keeping your carbs at 75g everyday?? I competed last year in two figure comps and my trainer put me on a carb cycling diet. It was fantastic! Are you planning on doing this? It really leaned me out while I mt. my muscle mass and never felt depleted!

I actually upped my carbs to almost 120g/day. I will be doing that for at least 3 more weeks and then my diet might shift depending on how my loss/gains are. I will not be doing carb cycling. So far so good, my energy level is A LOT better since I upped the carbs.

*Any advice you might have for me LAY IT OUT girl!!! youve done 2 comp. ...which is 2 more than me lol

-10 weeks to go!!!!!

scorpiogirl

Quote Quote posted by Aries13
    you know.....its varied....i feel almost "anxious" a lot of times throughout the night.....its mostly waking up every 2-3 hours and then tossing and turning....falling asleep....then all over again. The other night I went to bed at 10....woke up at midnight and I seriouslly felt like it was morning and I was about to go do cardio LOL...the pilates/yoga sounds like a good idea Im just not sure how I will fit that into my schedule. I have experience with pilates so maybe I can get a yoga/pilates video or something(what do you think???) Ive never done a video so im unsure....
    -now that Im seeing the results from this diet, I do not want to change it anymore. The low carb high prot diet was dismissed in my case b/c my energy levels dropped severely and I had high fevers throughout the day(101+). Ive basically balanced out my diet and upped the carbs. I will however keep it mainly protein...just a little bit more carbs.

---I cannot imagine how you dealt with a diet THAT extreme. I was struggling witg 75g/day.....props girl!!!! Im sure the results were amazing!
    Yoga, pilates...or even just lying on a mat and stretching with your eyes closed and breathing from your diaphram. Long slow breaths. A couple of the other girls were having problems with sleeping and taking calcuim and zinc before bed has helped them achieve a more rested sleep.

As far as the low carb thing goes - I wanted my results "NOW" so I was VERY determined. The diet sucked though....and so did my energy level.

Good to hear you're feeling better with more carbs thrown in there. Good luck!!

Aries13

thanks so much....im doing good...tick-tock tick-tock time is going by FAST and my show is here in NO TIME.
    I had a GREAT chest/bicep/ab workout today. I got a little bit stronger and I seem to want to push harder.

I slept GREAT last night, didnt wake up more than once(I guess thats "great" compared to the last few weeks )

I will try the stretching/yoga at night AND the ZMA

All Natural

What is ZMA and where can I get it?

Aries13

ZMA is a combo of zinc & magnesium ...you can get it pretty much at any supplement/vitamin store. I still have to get it but the yoga is helping for now ...hope that helps

ZMA is a zinc, magnesium supplement that also has B6 in it, it helps with having a more sound sleep. You can get it at any supplement store.

Aries13

Sunday is supposed to be my day off(no cardio OR weights)....SO....my boyfriend is saying that if I think i can go to the gym, I should go....Im thinking maybe I should jusy take the day off, eat, relax.....am I just being lazy? Or am I right???

Aries13

7:15 am: 30min HIIT, 2 cardio breeze
    8am: 1/2 c oats, 1 pckt. splenda, 1.5 scoops protein powder
    10:30a: 6 egg whites, 1/2 med. sweet potato, 1/2 grape fruit
    1:30pm: 1/2 c brown rice, 1 can tuna

Chicka I know Sunday has passed lol but for the future, if you have a scheduled day off from training then do not train on that day. Part of this "training" is resting, you need to give your muscle adequae time to recover, or you will burn out in a hurry, this is only the beginning of your contest prep, it's going to get harder, you got to ake sure your body is ready for it.