Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Countdown to Competition Log......

Hi Aries!
Question...are you keeping your carbs at 75g everyday?? I competed last year in two figure comps and my trainer put me on a carb cycling diet. It was fantastic! Are you planning on doing this? It really leaned me out while I mt. my muscle mass and never felt depleted!

iceprincess said:
Looking forward to seeing your Pics!! :heart: :Perk: You're doing great! ;)

As far as the sleeping goes...seriously try some ZMA. It will not only help you recover from your workouts but it will also help you wind down and relax at night. I take two of those a night, and I am out!

Hey girl....I will try that!!!! I just researched it and it sounds great. Thanks a loT!!! I will see how it goes and Ill let you know...however the only question I have is will it possibly make it harder for me to wake up really early?

lildaisy said:
Hi Aries!
Question...are you keeping your carbs at 75g everyday?? I competed last year in two figure comps and my trainer put me on a carb cycling diet. It was fantastic! Are you planning on doing this? It really leaned me out while I mt. my muscle mass and never felt depleted!

I actually upped my carbs to almost 120g/day. I will be doing that for at least 3 more weeks and then my diet might shift depending on how my loss/gains are. I will not be doing carb cycling. So far so good, my energy level is A LOT better since I upped the carbs.

*Any advice you might have for me LAY IT OUT girl!!! :qt: youve done 2 comp. ...which is 2 more than me :) lol

-10 weeks to go!!!!!

Aries13 said:
you know.....its varied....i feel almost "anxious" a lot of times throughout the night.....its mostly waking up every 2-3 hours and then tossing and turning....falling asleep....then all over again. The other night I went to bed at 10....woke up at midnight and I seriouslly felt like it was morning and I was about to go do cardio LOL...the pilates/yoga sounds like a good idea Im just not sure how I will fit that into my schedule. I have experience with pilates so maybe I can get a yoga/pilates video or something(what do you think???) Ive never done a video so im unsure....
-now that Im seeing the results from this diet, I do not want to change it anymore. The low carb high prot diet was dismissed in my case b/c my energy levels dropped severely and I had high fevers throughout the day(101+). Ive basically balanced out my diet and upped the carbs. I will however keep it mainly protein...just a little bit more carbs.

---I cannot imagine how you dealt with a diet THAT extreme. I was struggling witg 75g/day.....props girl!!!! Im sure the results were amazing!
Yoga, pilates...or even just lying on a mat and stretching with your eyes closed and breathing from your diaphram. Long slow breaths. A couple of the other girls were having problems with sleeping and taking calcuim and zinc before bed has helped them achieve a more rested sleep.

As far as the low carb thing goes - I wanted my results "NOW" so I was VERY determined. The diet sucked though....and so did my energy level.

Good to hear you're feeling better with more carbs thrown in there. Good luck!! :)

thanks so much....im doing good...tick-tock tick-tock time is going by FAST and my show is here in NO TIME.
I had a GREAT chest/bicep/ab workout today. I got a little bit stronger and I seem to want to push harder.

I slept GREAT last night, didnt wake up more than once(I guess thats "great" compared to the last few weeks:) )

I will try the stretching/yoga at night AND the ZMA :p

lildaisy said:
What is ZMA and where can I get it?

ZMA is a combo of zinc & magnesium ...you can get it pretty much at any supplement/vitamin store. I still have to get it but the yoga is helping for now :p ...hope that helps

lildaisy said:
What is ZMA and where can I get it?

ZMA is a zinc, magnesium supplement that also has B6 in it, it helps with having a more sound sleep. You can get it at any supplement store.

Sunday is supposed to be my day off(no cardio OR weights)....SO....my boyfriend is saying that if I think i can go to the gym, I should go....Im thinking maybe I should jusy take the day off, eat, relax.....am I just being lazy? Or am I right??? :qt:

7:15 am: 30min HIIT, 2 cardio breeze
8am: 1/2 c oats, 1 pckt. splenda, 1.5 scoops protein powder
10:30a: 6 egg whites, 1/2 med. sweet potato, 1/2 grape fruit
1:30pm: 1/2 c brown rice, 1 can tuna

Top Bottom