Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Countdown to Competition Log......

Thanks girls!!! I will change the way I sleep.....

I have been taking pictures every MONDAY ...and I will put them on here soon enough...thats a promise! As far as the diet , I have no problems there, its just the training is really intense and I was advised to not "jump into it" to soon. So I will be doing 5 days of cardio and will up the cardio if needed(I initially wanted to do 6-7 days, 4 days of weight training). Thanks for the help!!!!

Bunny, I know what you are saying..I can ALREADY see a good difference in my body in just these 2 weeks. Its amazing BUT I am not happy with the way I look right now...so thats why I want to just train as hard as possible....

Last night I hurt/pinched a muscle in my right hip/hamstring. I was trying to do a lot more weight that my body can do...and that made my leg work out shorter. I was so upset.....but it feels better now. Last night was horrible!!! :worried:

Aries13 said:
Last night I hurt/pinched a muscle in my right hip/hamstring. I was trying to do a lot more weight that my body can do...and that made my leg work out shorter. I was so upset.....but it feels better now. Last night was horrible!!! :worried:

You don't seem to understand than you can't make your body do what it's not ready to do, trying to do more weight that you can handle isn't very smart, especially for someone who is to get on stage soon, you can hurt yourself and not be able to train at all.

In any case good luck.

Here's a question....kinda early to ask about it now but better now than later...

PRO TAN??? Im sure that most of you girls who compete have used it. I was just wondering what it really is...how it works...is it any good...anything bad happen to your skin after..etc.??????

*Thanks for the advice everyone...again and again....I will keep trying my best, keeping the diet in check, working hard and listening to my body!!! It will be great to get the results in the upcoming weeks and do this thing!!!

Im learning, Im learning....first time for everything,..

Hi Aries,

about the 'arms numbing out' thing - it might be something called 'Thoracic Outlet Syndrome' that results from really tight muscles in the neck and shoulders. I think Treilin is a massage therapist, so she might have a better idea on this, but if you start massaging your neck and shoulders (especially the front and sides of the neck), looking for the really sore spots, just before you go to sleep and when you wake up, it may help.

diet is the same....
8am: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1 packet splenda
11am: 1 med. sweet potato, 6 egg whites
1:30pm: 1/2 c brn rice, 1 can tuna
3:30 pm: 6 oz. turkey slices, 1 small grape fruit
6:30pm: 4oz. chicken breast

training:

Triceps-

dips: 4 sets of 15
skull crushers: 50lbsx10 4 sets
push down: 30lbsx10, 20lbsx15 3 times
single arm kick back: 24lbsx12 3 sets
dumbell kick back: 12lbsx10 3 sets

Shoulders:

dumbell press: 20lbx12, 20lbx12, 20lbx10, 20lbx8, 20lbx10
military press: 45lbx12, 45lbx12, 40lbx12
side raises: 75lbsx10, 70lbx10, 60lbx10
rear delts: 50lbsx12 4 sets
shrugs: 35lbsx12 3 sets

.....I've been waking up several times throughout the night...I have trouble sleeping lately...anyone else experience this? Could this be related to the diet?????

no comments on the sleep pattern???

ok....today was a light day....30 min cardio HR @ 150-170

8am: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1pckt. splenda, 1.5 scoop protein powder(multi vit,calcium and vitC)
11am: 1 sweet potato, 6 boiled egg wh.
1pm: 1/2 c brn rice, 1can tuna
4:30pm: 5oz. turkey breast, 1 med. apple

Aries13 said:
I started Monday...so pretty short amount of time. It would be great to hear from someone who has actually done this diet...I will be adding in more carbs if I am still having problems with energy after this first week. I will add in things like ff or lf cottage cheese, low carb bread, and 2apples. I will cuz the protein portions down to 4-6oz. instead of the 8. Now,this is after I have at least tried this diet for a while, but so far it has been really challenging. Any inputs?
When I said I did the low carb diet, I meant LOW CARB. My carb intake was less than 10 grams per day. If you want answers from someone who's done the low carb diet.....that would be me! Low GI was not included in my diet either. A carb was a carb was a carb and if what I was eating had more than 1 gram of carbs per 100 calories, it didn't go in my mouth. It doesn't sound like your going to be anywhere near as strict on the carbs as I was, so you may do ok with it. Allowing the low GI carbs sounds more like the SB diet and not the Keto diet.

Aries13 said:
.....I've been waking up several times throughout the night...I have trouble sleeping lately...anyone else experience this? Could this be related to the diet?????
...just tossing and turning - or waking up and can't go back to sleep? In any case, sounds like your a little nerved up. Maybe a little meditation or yoga could help with that.

you know.....its varied....i feel almost "anxious" a lot of times throughout the night.....its mostly waking up every 2-3 hours and then tossing and turning....falling asleep....then all over again. The other night I went to bed at 10....woke up at midnight and I seriouslly felt like it was morning and I was about to go do cardio LOL...the pilates/yoga sounds like a good idea Im just not sure how I will fit that into my schedule. I have experience with pilates so maybe I can get a yoga/pilates video or something(what do you think???) Ive never done a video so im unsure....
-now that Im seeing the results from this diet, I do not want to change it anymore. The low carb high prot diet was dismissed in my case b/c my energy levels dropped severely and I had high fevers throughout the day(101+). Ive basically balanced out my diet and upped the carbs. I will however keep it mainly protein...just a little bit more carbs.

---I cannot imagine how you dealt with a diet THAT extreme. I was struggling witg 75g/day.....props girl!!!! Im sure the results were amazing!

Looking forward to seeing your Pics!! :heart: :Perk: You're doing great! ;)

As far as the sleeping goes...seriously try some ZMA. It will not only help you recover from your workouts but it will also help you wind down and relax at night. I take two of those a night, and I am out!

Top Bottom