Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Countdown to Competition Log......

I should not be storing ANY fat b/c I am eating 10x my body weight in calories and doing a TON of cardio+weight lifting. I think that should play a pretty crucial role in whether the "large" amt. of protein will be stored as fat or not. Thanks for the "2 pennies"....I'll ask my trainer about that :rolleyes:

Aries13 said:
You know what, Now that I think about it, this diet seems to be kind of iffy. I know that if I change it, it will defy the whole purpose of me being in this study but the protein is WAY TOO HIGH!!!The breakdown is something rediculous: 70p/20c/10f....Im wondering*(if anyone has personal experience with low carb,high prot diet..or just from knowledge) if this diet will somehow make me gain more mass and not shed the fat as good? Kind of a dumb question, maybe it all comes down to calories. Im eating 1500/day. I was thinking about doing a 40/40/20-1500cal/day diet. That sounds so much better!!! What do you girls think?
*Sassy, the specifications when I was issued this diet were that I have to consume all 75g of carbs b4 12pm. I dont hit the gym till around 4pm or even later. Should I keep this diet and give it 2 more weeks and see if I will adjust, or should I follow my gut and switch it to the 40/40/20???

****Thanks for the tea recommendations...anything that will help me stay awake and not jittery works for me!!!
I did the low carb diet for quite a while - too long. When I first started (the first week), I lost 7 lbs....mostly water. As I continued, I looked great, but I was VERY tired. AND....I was also eating more fat than you will be, which kept my appetite under control. You've been on this diet for how long now?

I started Monday...so pretty short amount of time. It would be great to hear from someone who has actually done this diet...I will be adding in more carbs if I am still having problems with energy after this first week. I will add in things like ff or lf cottage cheese, low carb bread, and 2apples. I will cuz the protein portions down to 4-6oz. instead of the 8. Now,this is after I have at least tried this diet for a while, but so far it has been really challenging. Any inputs?

I'll be interested to see how it goes for you since its sort of an experimental thing. In my own experience, I would question the value of low carb bread & apples during contest prep tho. I'd look to more basic sources of carbs, and I'd probably steer clear of cottage cheese as me & dairy do not get along when I'm dieting. What is the purpose of these particular selections?

Aries13 said:
I will be adding in more carbs if I am still having problems with energy after this first week. I will add in things like ff or lf cottage cheese, low carb bread, and 2apples

Just so you know cottage cheese isn't a carb, it's a protein source.

If you are going to add in carbs I wouldn't add in low carb bread or apples if I was you, go with complex carbs, ie oatmeal, sweet potato, or brown rice.

edit... I should have read Sassy's post before posting lol.

Thanks you guys!!!! It was just a thought(the cottage cheese and stuff)....its now day 4 and I weighed my self this morning and I am down 6lbs. Its mostly water weight but o well. The inputs are great. I will add in sweet potatoes and more oatmeal instead of the other stuff. I still have some more time to get this all right. Everything has to be PERFECT in two weeks when Im 10wks out. The more time goes by the more I see that this diet is HARD only b/c I have no energy. I will concentrate on eating CLEAN and keeping my calories in check. That is most important for me right now. I will post fitday.com logs on here as soon as I have it all done.
So far I:
6:30...Cardio Breeze and 45 min. cardio
8am:1/2 c oatmeal and 1.5scoops protein powder.(Muliti-vit,calcium,& vit.c)
11am: 1/2cup brown rice, 1 can of tuna.(Flax seed supp.)
1pm(b/c I will be in class from 2-4: 1scoop protein powder in water w. 2tbs NPB, 1/2 cup brown rice
3pm: In class Snack medium apple..no clue what else to eat...any suggestions??

TODAY IS LEG DAY!!!! Ugh somehow I always dread leg day.

4pm Will do as follows:
Squats: 4x8-10 @ 65-85lbs
Legpress: 4x8-12 @ 140-180lbs
Leg Curl: 4x8-10 @ 85-100lbs
Leg Extensions: 4x8-10 @70lbs

6pm:1.5 cup green beans, 6oz turkey
8pm: 1.5 cup brocolli, 6egg whites

10pm SLEEP!!!!!

3pm: In class Snack medium apple..no clue what else to eat...any suggestions??

This may help you figure out for yourself which complex carb foods are good for your snacksGlycemic Index

I steam sweet potatoes and keep them in the fridge, great cold, also my homemade protien bars ...!!! yum...!! Turkey breast slices rolled around avocado!!! good fat!
Another standby snack for me is 1/2 cup RAW whole oats, 1 tablespoon ANPB and 1/4 cup Natty Applesauce..... all in one bowl... so good!!! I usually add it in with my after training meal to get my insulin going again.
You can adjust the amounts to suit your own needs...

OMG GIRL THANK YOU SOO MUCH...it all sounds so delicious! YUM

Im off to the gym :kaioken:

Almost a whole week!!!!YEY!!(lol...12 more to go-haha). Since I have changed/tweaked my diet a little bit, I feel 200% better. My mood is not as crabby and I can actually walk without feeling like I have to faint.

Here's the day so far:

6:30am: 45min cardio, one cardio breeze
8:00am: 1/2C Oatmeal, 1 splenda packet, 1can chicken breast(multi-vit,vit-c,calcium)
11:00am: 1/2C Brown Rice, 1can tuna(Flax seed supp.)
1:00pm: 5slices deli turkey breast,1TBS acocado, 1 small baked sweet potato

No weights today, a day to unwind and let the legs rest.....By the way, I posted my leg workout before I went to the gym, and little did I know, my trainer had a surprise for me. She mixed it all up. So, From now on I will just post stuff AFTER I do it. ;)

Here's what I did:

Leg Press: 90lbsx20,180lbsx10,180lbsx10,180lbsx10,90lbsx12,45lbsx20(whoo...)

Hack Squats: 20lbsx10x4

Leg Ext.: 60lbsx12,70lbsx10,75lbsx9,70lbsx10

Leg Curls:35lbsx8, 35lbsx8,30lbsx10,35lbsx8

Calf-raises: 25lbsx15+5-10 pumps...all this 4 times....

Abs:
Side raises 25lbsx15 4 times
Regular sit ups w/ 25lbs, 4 sets of 15

Any critiques??? :wavey:

Top Bottom