Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Competitions

pinkbunny55

I asked on the anabolic board with no response.
I am looking to compete in about a year, and wonder what federations test for drugs and such.
I went to a comp in Salt Lake City adn they said they did testing and lie detector testing. It was a natural.
I do use some, and dont want to get too involved with the comp and set a goal for some place only to be turned back by a test.
I am not intrested in the fittness stuff of jumping around on stage and doing flips and the like.
I am 34 so I think I will need the masters division.
Any help is greatly apperciated!!!!!

Bunny
"This is who we are"

Federations such as the ANBC,NABF,INBF all drug test.You should stick with the NPC if you use any drugs.Most of their competitions are not tested.

------------------
wspwst

The NGA also gives you a polygraph test, you have to be 5-7 years drug-free. The NGA, INBF and ANBC do drug test.

The ANBC Fitness America doesn't[I think random testing is done at the nationals in Cali], neither does Ms. Fitness or any NABBA fitness/figure contest. Good luck in finding a comp and winning...

Bodyfx, bro the NABF doesn't drug test. They claim to urine test but they don't. The Steele Jungle ran an expose on the head judge/commissioner Al Thurston taking over 15 thousand dollars from his members in bogus drug testing fees. They also changed scores at their 99 Nationals causing a split which resulted in another natty federation being formed. Most of their promoters left as a result of finding out about Al Thurston stealing money. Stay far, far away from this dishonest federation...

NABBA is always a good bet. NPC is also good, but I wonder how much longer this is gonna last? Now that Weider has got bodybuilding recognized as an Olympic sport, there's bound to be pressure on the NPC to test athlete's applying for international competitions. But for a local show, drugs are fine.

Whats the deal when we sometimes hear of a Pro failing a drugs test. I thought they didn't test them? They're all full of the stuff anyway. I don't understand.

Diuretics are the only drug that's banned at Pro level. So a failed drug test=diuretic use. Seems it bad for show promoters if people pass-out or die on stage, so they banned the only drug that they perceive to be a significant and immediate danger to competitors.

The EFBB English Championships are 'Drugs Tested', will this mean they are looking only for diuretics?

You should check to be sure. Unless it's a pro event then it's likely that they may test to IOC standards. This has become common among a lot of the IFBB amatuer federations who are thinking about sending athletes to international events. This is thanks to Weider's 'success' at getting bodybuilding recognized as an Olympic sport.

Top Bottom