Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

competition diet

magaliagoddess

I am 14 weeks out from my very first fitness competition and I am looking for more suggestions on my diet. I have a cup of egg whites, a cup of spinachin the morning 4oz of chicken/fish/turkey, cup of greens and a 1/4 cup of brown rice twice a day 2 protein drinks a day and lots of water any suggestions on what else can i have. I also do cardio twice a day for an hour as well as my weight training. I just don't feel like I am getting the best results any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using EliteFitness

Last edited:
Welcome to EF!

We would need your stats and what category you are competing in, org etc.

At first glance, it doesn't look like much food but is dependent on your height, weight, bf

All this is new to me so I kind of doing this blindly. I am 5'3" I am 155lbs my bf is at 15%. I am 34 and recently well about a year and a half ago decided i wanted to compete in figure. I my calorie intake is between 1200-1500 a day.

You need to add some carbs or fats into ur diet... By doing lots of cardio an not intaken enough carbs/fat ur body is burning off ur muscle mass...

So can anyone perhaps provide me with a sample diet that I might be able to use that would help me to get to where I want to be cause I realize that this is has a lot to do with diet, and I know thats where I am messing up at. I feel like I am running in circles sometimes. Thank you

All this is new to me so I kind of doing this blindly. I am 5'3" I am 155lbs my bf is at 15%. I am 34 and recently well about a year and a half ago decided i wanted to compete in figure. I my calorie intake is between 1200-1500 a day.

Have you thought about hiring a diet coacher/ trainer?? Competition dieting can be a very challenging thing. My thoughts intitally are it would be good for you to plug your food into a site like fitday and get your macro break down. You need to be pretty precise in your food intake.

The other thought I had is that your stats at 15% bf would indicate you carry a fair bit of muscle mass? Maybe too big for figure? 15% is pretty good for a female that far out from a show. Posting a pic would help us too with your diet.

I just hired a competition coach. I thought I knew everything I needed to know to do a show, but after two sessions I realize I didn't know half of what I needed to. Posing, diet, hair, swimsuit, make-up, shoes, tan, water intake, jewelry, and bodyfat% just to name a few.

RD

I just hired a competition coach. I thought I knew everything I needed to know to do a show, but after two sessions I realize I didn't know half of what I needed to. Posing, diet, hair, swimsuit, make-up, shoes, tan, water intake, jewelry, and bodyfat% just to name a few.

RD

It makes such a difference. It's one of those things where you don't know what you don't know. Keep us posted RD!

I am in the process of finding a coach right now. I realize that I I have a lot I need to learn. I will post a few pictures tonight when I get home.

Top Bottom