Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CNN lunchtime segment on AAS

wilson6

Elite Mentor
There was a lunchtime segment on CNN where a couple of docs talked about steroids. Nothing new and they were taking real time email questions. When they got to the question as to whether steroids if prescribed and monitored by physicians would reduce the risk, they both dodged the question. Interesting.

Then while the Q & A session was going on, CNN ran a video of a guy doing an IV injection of some street drug suggesting that was the way injectable steroids are used. Talk about irresponsible journalism, the director/producer of that segment should be fired for running that video. One one hand they're crowing away about the increase in steroid use by teenagers and on the other they show someone mainlining during a steroid related news story. I really hope some teenager doesn't think this is how IM steroids are administered and if they should and die from it, I hope their parents sue the shit out of CNN for conveying misleading and dangerous information.

……and I wonder why I have little sympathy for media types that get their asses blown off in Afghanistan.

W6

Jeeez, I'm I the only one that hasn't seen any of theses reports yet? Well Wislson6 do you know if they will replay that or not......all I've been hearing lately is how much steriods has been popping up in the news reports like crazy but still need to catch one. :confused:

I doubt if they will replay that program, it was an informal Q & A section that basically said nothing. The two docs gave very vague answers to the questions and avoided the "supervised use questions".

The only issue that really bothered me was the video clip of an IV drug user being aired while discussing the difference between oral and injectable steroids. The moron that decided to include that in the segment has no idea how misleading that info is and what damage it could cause, but what else would you expect from the media?

W6

This rather reminds me of when they were first talking about banning AAS. Even when they started with the hearings, no one believed they would go through with it. Boy were we wrong. Morons.

Who else here thinks the press is taking ASS reports to far to give it a bad name? Come on, I think it does more good then harm.

These foolish laws here agitate me very much.

In Holland OR Amerika a man/woman can go to the doctor and have a prescription for a strong and maybe dangerous diet drug. No problem, why not? Just for cosmetic reasons a powerful perscription drug with maybe a lot of sides. Happens very day in both countrys.

But only in my country can a man/woman go to the doctor and get AAS. Only there can you get farmacutical quality drugs EVERY time and get also the doctors care.

The hypocrisy of it all is increbile. Drugs to get smaller, fine. But to get bigger?? O no, devil drugs!

The truly sorry thing is is that if I wished to become a transsexual, which is a scary thought as I would make an incredibly ugly women, the doctor would load me up with estrogen. If the reverse were true, I would be receiving test in a variety of forms, both injectable, oral (methyltest), and transdermal. This is okay. But using them for other cosmetic reasons is wrong? There is not enough blotter acid in all the world for me to understand this kind of logic.

To say nothing of the towering hypocrisy of people like Yesalis, who sat there saying "steroids are bad" during the hearing, while most of the damaging "evidence of hazardous side effects" that was presented where sides attributted to corticosteroids, while he knew damn well he was perjuring himself in front of congress. Yet prednisone is given out by the bucketful, and it is next to impossible to find a physican who will write a script for legimate, off-label medical uses for things like deca.

dieslgrl said:
yeah, and maybe they can spend some more friggin money on fighting the "War on Drugs" how much of a joke is that?

I have seen so many "physicians" and "experts" talk about how dangerous AAS can be... yet they don't understand that people are going to do it regaurdless of penatly and price... why not protect the lives of those who CHOOSE to do so with education and proper health care?....

Why can I not tell my doctor that I take AAS even though it should be addressed to protect the rest of my life? because if the insurance companies find out and if its in my records, I may be completely fucked long term in so many areas, I might as well risk the health.... a fucked up place we live in isn't it?

dieslgrl

Yeah, I think it surely is a joke becuase we and most that research this topic will find it's not all bad like the way they see it. I think the laws on steriods R SHIT!!!!!

Top Bottom