Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cluster headaches during period while "on"?

Sadist

This my first month of a winstrol only cycle 10mg/day. I was due for my period 4 days ago, but from what I have read that can be normal ( I just had a pregnancy test done to make sure). Anyway, last night I start getting this throbbing painful headache on the left side of my head. All the muscles were wound tight, my husband gave me some muscle relaxers, some codeine, and some aspirin, but I was in pain all night. So I made an appointment at the health clinic and they told me it was "cluster headaches" and gave me periactin( sp?) to take at night before I start my period. I have never had headaches like this before. Has anyone else had this happen to them while "on".

I have cluster headaches. :wavey: I have never been on & I hope it’s the winny causing them ;)
They are usually more common in men *I think*.
Mine would last up to 6 days- you get used to them. I took a beta blocker (corgard) daily for many years to help prevent them. I no longer take daily meds and seldom have muti-day headaches. :)
PM me if you would like any other information.

Cluster headaches are related to migraines......its not from the winny :)

And they do suck....I got them once, lasted four days. No pain medicine they gave me helped.... went to the ER, because the pain was so intense. I finally took a zomig pill that a friend gave me, that treats migraines, and they went away.

I feel for you though :(

No, these are different than migraines. My husband gets those, I don't get any "aura", nausea, vomiting, or light/noise sensitivity. I have had bad headaches and helped myself to his migraine medication ( Midrin and compazine), but other the stuff he takes that is like Zomig ( he takes Imitrex shots and Migranal nasal spray) did absolutely nothing for me. I mean the Codeine took the egde off the pain, but I still couldn't sleep. This is the first time I have taken winstrol, so I figured it must be that. The doctor thought maybe it was my birth-control. 9-10 months ago I had my Norplant implant taken out and started on the depo-provera shots, but after two shots I gained 20 lbs so now I am switched over to the lowest dose pill I could find ( loestrin). This is the first time I have ever had a headache like this though or this bad. I appreciate the information, most of what I read just doesn't seem applicable to women. Its nice that there is a board like this. Does anyone else get any kind of headaches from winstrol?

Cluster's are normally brought on by emotional stress, or phsyical stress....... is this your first cycle? Or have you done something other than winstrol?

This is only my second cycle. My first cycle was with oxandrin 5mg a day for 4 weeks. And actually I am or was pretty stressed out, but I am feeling much better now.

Sadist said:
The doctor thought maybe it was my birth-control. 9-10 months ago I had my Norplant implant taken out and started on the depo-provera shots, but after two shots I gained 20 lbs so now I am switched over to the lowest dose pill I could find ( loestrin). This is the first time I have ever had a headache like this though or this bad.
I PM'd you too.... ;)
Are you having the headaches when you are without estrogen? This is a VERY common thing and they are bad and can last for several days.
:idea: You might need some estrogen added into your "placebo" days.

I think the headaches might be estrogen related. I didn't think about it, but I actually skipped the placebo pills the first 2 months I was on this new pill. My husband had mentioned that I may not even have periods while "on", so I went ahead and took the placebos for the first time. To Kel and Ann, thanks for the advice. I think I may just stay on the pill, but without any placebo days.

Top Bottom