Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ck2007 Log

My girlfriend gave me 12 pages of receipes to make my own protein bars.

Just made my first batch yummy! They are sitting in the fridge right now, but licking the bowl they tasted good, I added some packages of splenda for a little flavor and my whey protein flavor was banana

ABC Protein Bars
INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter
5 egg whites
5 scoops whey protein (I find that chocolate mint tastes the best in this recipe, however chocolate tastes good as well)
2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted) 1/2 cup soy milk

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.
Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Bar
Calories: 220
Protein: 20.1g
Fat: 10.1g
Carbohydrates: 15.1g

Gymgurl said:
Thank you!! Im going to have to make these...Something I can take to work easy

The bars hardened but not a lot we more have to scoop them out LOL.

I will try this receipe next
Low Fat "Majmum" Protein bar
ingredients:
8 oz fat free cream cheese
4 scoops protein powder ( i use chocolate)
3 cups whole oats
1/2 cup splenda
Dash of cinnamon ( to taste)

Combine splenda, cream cheese, protein, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high til its smooth. add the oats and mix with the mixer until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.

note if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of milk or water

spray an 8x8 pan with PAM. spread the mixture in the pan. sprinkle some additional splenda on top and place in the fridge for an hour.

I cut mine into ten bars for a breakdown of
154 cals, 17.8g carb, 15g protein, 1.8 g fat

Gymgurl said:
LOL...prot. balls instead of bars LOL

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea at this point LOL.

I am sooo excited I took out charlottes web from the library and going to start reading it to my girls today. Found a whole bunch of easter books too!

March 19
weights 152.2 lbs (hopefully continue to see it go down another lbs this week, diet is solid!!! and so is water intake) was able to fit into a pair of my jeans today LOL
50min walking tonight
ab work

GOALS THIS WEEK
1. Walk on the treadmill 5x this week
2. finish another mural (my little pony)
3. my kid might be going back to school this week, keep your fingers crossed but then he gets spring break off LOL
4. drink lots of water
5. try keep the house clean so I don't have to clean it every 2nd day
6. look into another course

The clothing item finally fitting again is the ultimate motivator! Congratulations! I love it:) I broke out this great ted baker sweater I got that I bought a few months ago for when I would fit into it this weekend, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

As for #5... that is a lofty goal. I just can't seem to put things back (clothes especially) where they belong.

Good luck, have a great, successful week. Lose that pound.

ck2006 said:

I am sooo excited I took out charlottes web from the library and going to start reading it to my girls today. Found a whole bunch of easter books too!

March 19
weights 152.2 lbs (hopefully continue to see it go down another lbs this week, diet is solid!!! and so is water intake) was able to fit into a pair of my jeans today LOL
50min walking tonight
ab work

GOALS THIS WEEK
3. my kid might be going back to school this week, keep your fingers crossed but then he gets spring break off LOL
4. drink lots of water

Great News about your jeans!!! I made some protein bars also...I don't have the recipe just now, but it was corn syrup(met-rx has that as ingerdient so I used it), I don't remember brand of protein, but t was 0 carb, and ANPB...
if anyone wants the recipe let me know!

ck2006 said:

March 19
50min walking tonight
ab work

GOALS THIS WEEK
4. drink lots of water
stretch... :)

Fittin' in clothes when AUntie is visiting?

Top Bottom