Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ck2007 Log

I asked this also on a seperate thread but thought I would put it in here as this is what I am starting monday:

Questions and opinions:

Best way to superset?

Single body?
compond with isolation?
Two different body parts?
three exercises for one muscle group?

And any other that I haven't typed, there are soooo many types out there I am getting confused.

My hubby wants to keep muscle, lose weight and less time in the gym.

I want to do the same however, I can't do cardio but I don't care about the time in the gym cause its my break

Our diets are pretty much on track....I think LOL

Options appreciated as to which type would be best so I can pick the exercises correctly

thanks!

ck2006 said:
I asked this also on a seperate thread but thought I would put it in here as this is what I am starting monday:

Questions and opinions:

Best way to superset?

Single body?
compond with isolation?

And any other that I haven't typed, there are soooo many types out there I am getting confused.

I want to do the same however, I can't do cardio but I don't care about the time in the gym cause its my break

Options appreciated as to which type would be best so I can pick the exercises correctly

thanks!
For myself, I do different body parts. eg. Squat with Alt. D.B. Curls, or Bench with D.B. Rows. The only time I don't S.S. is when I'm going for maximals, like on this last workout. I still do them in the same order, but without S.S.ing. It's also a Compound with Isolation, so I keep 2 compounds separated by an Isolation

ck2006 said:

Questions and opinions:

Best way to superset?

Single body?
compond with isolation?

thanks!

OK, most of this is from memory but whatever I'm missing, it's in my log. I supersetted back in July-Aug 06 so you can see the dates on my log.

Lower Body SS:
1. leg press & dead lifts
2. v-squat & seated calve raises
3. leg curls & leg extensions

Bi Tri SS:
1. Standing DB curl & standing rope push-down
2. french curl & bar curl
3. cant remember 3rd one...

Shoulder SS:
1. Arnold press & military press on Smith machine
2. DB lateral raises & bent over rows (curl bar)

That's all I can recall off the top of my head. I'm in the car and my book/log's in the trunk or I'd look. But seriously, it did great for me and when I went back to single sets I was a ton stronger after 6 weeks of supersetting.

You're doing great! Miss reading your log so I just caught up. So cute about your son in the gym! :D Let me know if you have questions. Feel better soon, snot rag! ;) :rose:

Thanks t-cake and hidn, I am doing legs tomorrow and this is what I have soo farwhat do you think?

super setting

Sets: 15/12/10/8

leg press
lunges

leg extension
leg curls

db squats
cable kickbacks

Should I go for gold and do all six one after the other for 15 or should I do the two exercises/rest/the next two/rest/ and soo on

I have read that biceps and triceps should be together I should change what I have cause I still put triceps and chest together and biceps and back. hmmmm. But then if I put bis and tris together do I do back and chest together???

any more info when you have time T would be appreciated!!!!

ck2006 said:
Thanks t-cake and hidn, I am doing legs tomorrow and this is what I have soo farwhat do you think?

super setting

Sets: 15/12/10/8

leg press
lunges

leg extension
leg curls

db squats
cable kickbacks

Should I go for gold and do all six one after the other for 15 or should I do the two exercises/rest/the next two/rest/ and soo on

I have read that biceps and triceps should be together I should change what I have cause I still put triceps and chest together and biceps and back. hmmmm. But then if I put bis and tris together do I do back and chest together???

any more info when you have time T would be appreciated!!!!
When I S.S., I dont' rest any longer than it takes to write in my log & change the weights, for the warmup sets. If I do as I posted, I'm working completely different body parts, so while I'm doing one, the other is resting. I do rest on the working sets of each S.S. because they're the heaviest. You can do the bis & tris together, but I wouldn't do the back & chest together. There are so many exercises for the back & chest, you don't really need to do any arm work with them.
Just my $0.02

HiDnGoD said:
When I S.S., I dont' rest any longer than it takes to write in my log & change the weights, for the warmup sets. If I do as I posted, I'm working completely different body parts, so while I'm doing one, the other is resting. I do rest on the working sets of each S.S. because they're the heaviest. You can do the bis & tris together, but I wouldn't do the back & chest together. There are so many exercises for the back & chest, you don't really need to do any arm work with them.
Just my $0.02

AHHHHH, I just changed it to back/chest, bi and tri, so are you saying just do them superset them separately on separate days? and do all 6 exercises at 15 reps, then rest one minutes, then do all 6 at 12 and so on.... :)

ck2006 said:
AHHHHH, I just changed it to back/chest, bi and tri, so are you saying just do them superset them separately on separate days? and do all 6 exercises at 15 reps, then rest one minutes, then do all 6 at 12 and so on.... :)
No, I'd do the first pair of exercises S.S. , 15,12,10, & 8, then move on to the next pair.

HiDnGoD said:
No, I'd do the first pair of exercises S.S. , 15,12,10, & 8, then move on to the next pair.

will do, leg pressessquats should prove interesting tomorrow I will be seeing if I have to switch those up after tomorrow :worried:

I also say keep the bi/tri together. As for chest and back, I DID group them together.

Here is the way I worked it:
* 4 day split
* Day 1: Chest/Back, Day 2: Shoulders, Day 3: Lower Body/Core, Day 4: Biceps/Triceps
* I would do 3 pairs of moves per day (6 moves total every trip to the gym)
* I would do the first pair nonstop... press 10 reps, run to the squat rack, dead lift 10 reps, run back to the leg press, press 10, run back to the squat rack, dead lift 10 reps, etc. until 3 of each move are done
* When you are DONE with that first pair of moves... you'll be huffing and puffing exhausted. You'll probably need a minute to stop the burning and catch your breath.
* The point of SS is to a) help the body to grow faster, b) change up the routine and c) THE MAIN REASON is that it makes lifting aerobic.

When you make the lifting aerobic, it forces your glycogen stores to empty FAST... so say you use all the glucose in those muscles up halfway through the first pair of moves... the second half, you're still running, pushing like crazy, and what that does is force the muscles to burn intermuscular fat in those later moves (thus the burn).

As for rest time, the time it takes to calm yourself down and then simply walk to the next machine, find your DBs, put them nearby if you need them, rack up... that's enough time of rest. You'll find your time in the gym will decrease dramatically especially if you workout at home or don't have to wait for equipment.

I'm a little concerned about the cables with timing, but you might be able to handle that. I just imagine myself being in such a hurry to move to the next move, I'd trip over the cable and screw up. ;) I'm sure you know what you're doing though.

I got out my book. Here is how I laid out the 4 day split for real:

Day 1: Chest and Back
1. DB Incline Bench Press + Standing Bent-Over Rows
2. Seated Row + Lat Pulldowns
3. Inclined DB Flyes + DB Pullover

Day 2: Shoulders
1. Seated Military Press (Smith machine) + Arnold Press
2. Seated DB Side Lateral Raises + Bent-Over Rear DB Laterals
3. Ab work This wasn't shoulders, but shoulders had a short SS day, so I did my ab work on this day as well as on any other day I felt like it... but I'd do more on this day.

Day 3: Lower Body
1. V-Squats + Seated Calve Raises
2. Leg Press + Romanian Dead Lifts
3. Leg Curl + Leg Extensions

Day 4: Biceps + Triceps
1. Bar Curl + French Curl
2. Standing DB Curl + Rope Tricep Pushdown
3. DB Hammer Curl + DB Kickbacks

Ulter just told me too that another reason to do SS is that the faster pumping of the blood to keep up with it keeps the muscles more well-nourished with nutrients during pump and the muscles really respond to that.

SS is great for a rotation, 6-8 weeks or a few months. Just make sure you don't make it full time year round b/c the body will adapt, but I know you already know that.

I'm so excited to see how it goes for you! It did wonders for me! :D

T-Cake said:
I also say keep the bi/tri together. As for chest and back, I DID group them together.

Here is the way I worked it:
* 4 day split
* Day 1: Chest/Back, Day 2: Shoulders, Day 3: Lower Body/Core, Day 4: Biceps/Triceps
* I would do 3 pairs of moves per day (6 moves total every trip to the gym)
* I would do the first pair nonstop... press 10 reps, run to the squat rack, dead lift 10 reps, run back to the leg press, press 10, run back to the squat rack, dead lift 10 reps, etc. until 3 of each move are done
* When you are DONE with that first pair of moves... you'll be huffing and puffing exhausted. You'll probably need a minute to stop the burning and catch your breath.
* The point of SS is to a) help the body to grow faster, b) change up the routine and c) THE MAIN REASON is that it makes lifting aerobic.

When you make the lifting aerobic, it forces your glycogen stores to empty FAST... so say you use all the glucose in those muscles up halfway through the first pair of moves... the second half, you're still running, pushing like crazy, and what that does is force the muscles to burn intermuscular fat in those later moves (thus the burn).

As for rest time, the time it takes to calm yourself down and then simply walk to the next machine, find your DBs, put them nearby if you need them, rack up... that's enough time of rest. You'll find your time in the gym will decrease dramatically especially if you workout at home or don't have to wait for equipment.

I'm a little concerned about the cables with timing, but you might be able to handle that. I just imagine myself being in such a hurry to move to the next move, I'd trip over the cable and screw up. ;) I'm sure you know what you're doing though.

I got out my book. Here is how I laid out the 4 day split for real:

Day 1: Chest and Back
1. DB Incline Bench Press + Standing Bent-Over Rows
2. Seated Row + Lat Pulldowns
3. Inclined DB Flyes + DB Pullover

Day 2: Shoulders
1. Seated Military Press (Smith machine) + Arnold Press
2. Seated DB Side Lateral Raises + Bent-Over Rear DB Laterals
3. Ab work This wasn't shoulders, but shoulders had a short SS day, so I did my ab work on this day as well as on any other day I felt like it... but I'd do more on this day.

Day 3: Lower Body
1. V-Squats + Seated Calve Raises
2. Leg Press + Romanian Dead Lifts
3. Leg Curl + Leg Extensions

Day 4: Biceps + Triceps
1. Bar Curl + French Curl
2. Standing DB Curl + Rope Tricep Pushdown
3. DB Hammer Curl + DB Kickbacks

Ulter just told me too that another reason to do SS is that the faster pumping of the blood to keep up with it keeps the muscles more well-nourished with nutrients during pump and the muscles really respond to that.

SS is great for a rotation, 6-8 weeks or a few months. Just make sure you don't make it full time year round b/c the body will adapt, but I know you already know that.

I'm so excited to see how it goes for you! It did wonders for me! :D

Thank you soooo much!. I do have to modify some exercises. , the squats and even the lunges may be dropped due to my back but other than that I pretty much copied yours LOL.

I know the cable thing probably will be changed, but I wanted to get something else in there and I wasn't sure what else to put. I am going to try do this till the end of may and see where I am at.

May 31 my goal is to have lost 26 pounds! and I am going to try get some cardio in sometime, just not right now, not until I get my MRI back and I know the deal.

I can't thank you enough! :heart:

Top Bottom